• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

External Store Site for the Warm and Fuzzies

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joe
I want to create a fun and social site for each of my stores. Staff pages, employee of the month, store manager promos, testimonials, charity & fund raising, etc AND do it on an external site to create SEO food for the home site. (you must feed the beast to make it happy!)

It's much like Mitch Gallant's thread http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f44/your-own-internal-social-network-103.html except is not for internal use.

Just beginning my research. I am aimed at Ning so far. Need flexibility to get the look and feel as close as I can. I've been admiring Squarespace's evolution. Examples - Squarespace

Any ideas, examples appreciated.

thnx!

I was messing around on Squaresoft about a year ago..maybe a little longer. This was when they had a free level. I was not digging it to be honest. Not intuitive at all...I'm sure they have made a lot of changes since then. Seems like some big players using the system.

Another one you might want to look at is Kickapps.

Give SocialGO - Social Network Maker a once over as well.

Not sure if this would accomplish what you are looking for and I believe someone over on the other thread you mentioned up there brought up WordPress MU but left out the BuddyPress.org – WordPress Social Network Software piece that I think you would need to accomplish the "social" aspect of MU. Apparently Volkswagen is using this for their VW TDI Tank Wars. I think the whole site is on WP MU. It's stellar!!

I have heard a few good things about Elgg as well. Full open source Social Network platform.

And lets not forget...the very platform you are reading this on. Well not exactly BUT the newly released vbulletin 4.0 has a ton of new tools and features while making vbulletin more "social". vBulletin-The Most Powerful Forum Software Available.

You can easily create this using the word press platform. This is a platform that is commonly used for blogs but has so much flexibility you can easily create most website styles.

D a r r i n B r o w n
Technical Operations Director | Grubbs Infiniti
817-800-5568 mobile | 817-359-4199 office | 817-318-1200 main
Web:Grubbs Infiniti - Infiniti Dealer in Euless, Texas servicing Dallas, Fort Worth, DFW, Arlington, Hurst, Bedford, Southlake, Colleyville, Grapevine
Twitter: Grubbs Infiniti (GrubbsInfiniti) on Twitter
Facebook: Grubbs Infiniti | Facebook

Joe,
What did you end up doing?

Nothing yet Blake.

It's on my to-do list. I'm short staffed and because it doesn't generate income, I keep letting it pass by.

I am closing in on writing a Job Description for an assistant that can help me with all of the content that needs to be "created and worked".

• Newsletters (print and email)
  • FB and Twitter
  • Satellite sites (incl personnel pages)
  • Coupons (creation and distribution)
  • Home Site features (newspaper like product announcements)
  • PR's
  • Videos, video and more videos.
Have you got anywhere?