• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Advertising

Great job Brent...I think with todays technology and some of the platforms that allow you to update mulitple social networking sites, you can come up with a process that works. Obviously the initial setup takes awhile. I have only been on FB for 90 days or so but think it has great potential. I plan on getting my employess involved as well as creating some marketing campaigns to increase my fan base. ie: the first 10 fans get an oil change....

It's just like anything else out there! You get out of it what you put in it! Have fun with it, set up a good process and you should have success!

Here is a link to our Facebook Page

Ross Downing l facebook

Great job Brent...I think with todays technology and some of the platforms that allow you to update mulitple social networking sites, you can come up with a process that works. Obviously the initial setup takes awhile. I have only been on FB for 90 days or so but think it has great potential. I plan on getting my employess involved as well as creating some marketing campaigns to increase my fan base. ie: the first 10 fans get an oil change....

It's just like anything else out there! You get out of it what you put in it! Have fun with it, set up a good process and you should have success!

Here is a link to our Facebook Page

Ross Downing l facebook

Thanks Jason. Here's another promising stat. We have had 7 visitors and 22 page views from facebook already versus 0 prior to being on. Now that doesn't translate to a sale but I will never complain about traffic on the site.

One thing I ran into when I went to Facebook is that I couldn't easily click through to your website. In fact I finally just typed in your your address in the browser. I am glad I ran into this since this is something I am going to have to look at myself.

Anyone have any ideas????

Oh crap...now Joe is going to see that I am spending more time on this Facebook stuff. Here comes another lashing....:drunk:

One thing I ran into when I went to Facebook is that I couldn't easily click through to your website. In fact I finally just typed in your your address in the browser. I am glad I ran into this since this is something I am going to have to look at myself.

Dont forget to check this out if you want what you post to show up on your fans home page,

Stream.publish - Facebook Developer Wiki

Last edited:
Thanks Jason. Here's another promising stat. We have had 7 visitors and 22 page views from facebook already versus 0 prior to being on. Now that doesn't translate to a sale but I will never complain about traffic on the site.

Anyone have any ideas????

Oh crap...now Joe is going to see that I am spending more time on this Facebook stuff. Here comes another lashing....:drunk:

Yeah it has a step in between the redirect to your site. It just asks you if you trust the site...If you mointor your referring domains you can see the traffic from FB. I know from Omniture I can view the exact page the customer was viewing from the re-direct. While I have not had earth shattering visitors from FB I do see alot of potential if it is marketed properly.

I put my toe in the water with the Facebook PPC and my ROI was zero! My budget was less than $1,000 and while the CPC was 50% less than Google's, at the end of the day we didn't drive sales for the client and the scoreboard said "0"...We sent them to the same landing page, so the conclusion I made was Google is more an active buyer's resource and Facebook more a branding and info resource for consumers looking for information. As always I think the product and promotion has much to do with it, I'm sure the teeth whiteners and diets are selling well on Facebook PPC. As for dealers looking for an immediate & measurable ROI I'm not convinced FB is a solution for the average dealer.

I put my toe in the water with the Facebook PPC and my ROI was zero! My budget was less than $1,000 and while the CPC was 50% less than Google's, at the end of the day we didn't drive sales for the client and the scoreboard said "0"...We sent them to the same landing page, so the conclusion I made was Google is more an active buyer's resource and Facebook more a branding and info resource for consumers looking for information. As always I think the product and promotion has much to do with it, I'm sure the teeth whiteners and diets are selling well on Facebook PPC. As for dealers looking for an immediate & measurable ROI I'm not convinced FB is a solution for the average dealer.

I agree. From what I have seen so far FB is not a direct sales avenue but exellent for branding purposes.

A little update on our new fan page. We have been on for a week and just topped 100 fans. I have gotten the salespeople more active and we continue to see traffic come in with Facebook as a referrer. So, I am satisfied with what I have seen versus what I have put into it.

As a GreenPea ISM I am trying to get this dealership caught up with the current trends. I just finished swearing off SEO after getting a beat-down on my last post her.:itsok2: I took Ryan's advice and got a blog going. What I am taking on now is a Facebook page with the possibility of doing some advertising on there. What is everybody doing as far as Facebook advertising goes? Pay-per-click on FB? Advertising Spots? I have a rather rural market but we are within a few hours of some more urban markets (Kansas City and Wichita).

Let me know!
As a 27 year veteran of the auto business, with the last 10 on eCommerce, I can tell you we're all still green-peas! This business is changing everyday and the key is to stay on top of trends and not just follow them. That being said, having a Facebook page can't hurt but will not bring you very many customers. A blog is great for SEO and that is very useful. You can contact me anytime and I'd love to help you with whatever you're trying. I've tried it all. I will tell you that the most important thing for an ISM is to have a process and stick to it! Also, make sure your website is SEO friendly. I wouldn't spend any money on Facebook Ads but pay Search Engine Marketing could work for you if you can reach out to the bigger cities. [email protected]