• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook vs Google Ads

well-this-topic-derailed-quickly.jpg

Google is going to be expensive, FB/Instagram allows you to build and create content in house and use those as your ads to targeted audiences forcing yourself into their feeds rather than waiting for someone to hopefully search some long tail keyword that you can afford for a car you might have.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Here is a landing page I put together for a dealership... attached to facebook ads...

hello everyone,

I wanted to get your opinion on Facebook vs google ads. We are a small independent family owned dealership who does our own financing. Our ad budget is smaller than most here by far, from what I've read. Also, am I better off spending those dollars on general dealership ads, or marketing specific vehicles?

Any help is appreciated. With the size of our lot, I wear many hats, but am wanting to put emphasis on our online advertising but my knowledge is limited.

Thanks!

Google is going to be expensive, FB/Instagram allows you to build and create content in house and use those as your ads to targeted audiences forcing yourself into their feeds rather than waiting for someone to hopefully search some long tail keyword that you can afford for a car you might have.

Another way to say it is Google is for Intent and Facebook/IG is for Discovery. One does not replace the other :)

hello everyone,

I wanted to get your opinion on Facebook vs google ads. We are a small independent family owned dealership who does our own financing. Our ad budget is smaller than most here by far, from what I've read. Also, am I better off spending those dollars on general dealership ads, or marketing specific vehicles?

Any help is appreciated. With the size of our lot, I wear many hats, but am wanting to put emphasis on our online advertising but my knowledge is limited.

Thanks!
As a few others have already mentioned, testing both is the best way to go. Each are effective in their own way and can compliment one another when set up well. As far as determining which one gives you more bang for your buck with a limited budget, you'll want to make sure your conversions and events are set up correctly on each platform to measure hard conversions such as:
  • desktop phone calls
  • mobile click to calls
  • form submissions
  • chat messages
  • SMS/text messages
Doing so will better help you determine how each platform is helping you with your bottom line: selling more cars, products and service parts.

If you're looking for ways to lower your Facebook advertising costs while improving your overall campaign performance, I'd recommend checking out this blog article: https://www.dealerteamwork.com/lower-facebook-ad-costs-improve-social-media-marketing-performance/. It'll help you optimize your Facebook campaigns to control costs and get more bang for your marketing buck.

Facebook Ads and Google Ads are both pay-per-click advertising platforms where advertisers pay per each click their ad receives. While similar, Facebook Ads is a paid social ad platform and Google Ads is a paid ad search platform. Each offers businesses an opportunity to increase brand awareness and grow sales, but the final ROI depends on your company’s targeting, ad spend, and creative ad elements.I personally recommend you google ads...hope this will clear your doubt.