• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Finding my customers in Higher Gear

DogbertBH

Give Away Artist
Apr 29, 2009
First Name
Sudbay Family Auto
I've been working with Higher Gear for about 3 months and my only real issue right now seems to be with the reporting.

It's kinda specific and clunky.

Does anyone know a way for me to see anyone who came in as a store up who was previously an Internet up?

If someone sends me a lead on Monday and I respond and follow-up with no direct contact, then they come in on Friday... I want to see it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Higher Gear simply stated that what I'm looking for doesn't exist.

I'm just throwing up the Hail Mary and seeing what happens.

I don't get a CRM that can't tell me if someone from online showed up to the store.

I used to have ADP which was bulky and clunky - but I could get any data I needed,

I don't get a CRM that can't tell me if someone from online showed up to the store.

The problem we have is not with the CRM, but with our sales agents. No matter how much training we do, we're still dealing with a mentality that lasts only as long as the customer is physically in front of them. If a sales agent creates a new entry for the customer, I can't fault the CRM for not being able to show me the floor traffic on Internet Leads.

I can, however, continue working with my current CRM company to tighten and improve on how it searches for duplicates....and how easily it allows us to merge those duplicates.

But if you can't even tell an Internet Lead came in even after a sales agent worked that same record in the CRM (as it should be done), then you've got another problem entirely - THAT I would blame on the CRM company.

When I used Higher Gear they gave me notices if someone is entered on the floor and it is a close match. That may be an elementary statement but that always helped me. The problem you may have is how they are entered. When someone was entered into the system and there are close matches the salesmen didn't want to split the deal so they would misspell the name and stuff to try to through us off. Those notices were great. You should ask about them if you aren't already using them. Matches for phone, address, email, name, etc... all get sent to you if they match an internet lead. Of course that was probably 4 or 5 years ago.