• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Follow Up Service Calls

Believe it or not, no. The advisors know about the feedback system because they read the customer responses, but they aren't chatting with customers about it. The advisors *do* try to collect email addresses if the customer hasn't provided one (and when the customer asked 'Why?' the advisor would the follow-up), but by the time the customer is in the lane the appointment center has probably already collected the address.

I believe our high customer response rate is due to the simplicity of our follow-up. After a service visit the customer receives an email that contains a link to an individualized survey. However, the survey is extremely brief with only three questions on a 1-5 scale and one comment box where they can tell us anything they want. We have a response rate of 20%, for every five repair orders we write we receive one response. More than half of the responses are returned with no comments, only scores for the 3 questions. However, we still receive PLENTY of constructive feedback for us to review.

That does surprise me. To be honest, I'm not sure if 20% is good engagement (on the sales side, if you only get a 1 of 5 response for the CSI surveys, you're not doing well at all), but there are sooo many more Service opportunities, maybe 20% is good.

We do business in a very "sleepy" market, where newspapers rule media and jorts are the epitome of fashion, so maybe the Harrisburg market (you're Harrisburg, right?) being a little more metro, is a better "email" market.

But it has certainly been my experience -- Sales & Service, that good survey returns are the result of an emotional connection between the Adviser/Salesperson and the client.

Sounds like you folks are doing a pretty nice job!

AJ, we still make phone calls. We have one person in our BDC that makes a follow up call the following day the warranty RO is closed. She calls in the evening, if no answer she waits and calls again the following day. No answer she leaves a message saying she’ll try them again or if they want to call her she leaves a number. If she gets someone on the phone we have a good script, the script goes that she is calling “on behalf of the Duke service department”. We found people will be more honest with what they say and more inclined to talk to her.

As for bad phone info, we take the dentist office approach in the service drive asking if their info has changed, we ask them for the best number to update our records, has helped in cutting down on bad, wrong, and no numbers. Right now I am looking at a new CRM to also help centralize all our customer info so we look at one source vs DMS, CRM, etc.

We also send an email, its more of asking for a review and links to Google Places and DealerRater. The email has language that ask if they were completely satisfied, and if not to please reply or call our service director right away so we may resolve the issue.

We do the calls on Warranty only, we send the email to all.