• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Ford Dealers - How are you planning on presenting Flex Buy online since Lease incentives are toast?

Dan Sayer

Boss
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
Since Ford Finance announced that its Lease business isn't going to be a focus for growth this year (28%) in most of the US (other than NY, LA, and Detroit where it's 90%) what are you planning on doing with the Flex Buy push from Ford Finance?

We were just getting ready to launch a digital retailing tool but realized that us providing a payment calc for Finance and Lease but then promoting Flex Buy payments won't line up for the shopper experience. I have a couple vendors looking into it now and provided them with the Flex Buy overview and spreadsheet calc but wondered if any of you currently advertise Flex payments as opposed to Lease? If you do, are you showing a calc on your site that'll allow a shopper to play with payment? Am I thinking too hard about this and need to just chill out? And yes, warming up to Flex Buy is giving me an ulcer because I grew up on Honda leases so anything that slightly resembles a "balloon payment" makes me cringe.

The other head-scratcher is Ford has no plans to advertise Flex Buy at Tier 1 (or Tier 2?) so it is up to the dealer. Thanks!