• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Get your ears on and enjoy some music at work

I've been revisiting some newer music from my favourite bands of old.

Goldfinger put out The Knife in 2017 and I feel it may age as one of their best albums.

Blink 182 put out California a year before that in 2016 and it's been in my rotation ever since:
https://music.amazon.ca/albums/B078JXPTFM

I own 99 pairs of headphones, but I spend most of my time listening on home speakers or my Edifier speakers.

@craigh has 99 headphones but he ditched each one. ;)
My wife made me get a headphones drawer because she was tired of finding them all over the house.
There's just something about headphones and how they each have different features I like.
Wired, wireless, noise cancelling, in-ear, over ear, USB-C, 3.5mm, good for bass, good for podcasts, good for studio.

There is no one pair that does it all.

Technically I've only bought 14 pairs in the last 3 years... from Amazon.

1632245752947.png

Reactions: Alex Snyder
There's just something about headphones and how they each have different features I like.
Wired, wireless, noise cancelling, in-ear, over ear, USB-C, 3.5mm, good for bass, good for podcasts, good for studio.

There is no one pair that does it all.

:wstupid: as another stupid audiophile junkie. Craig is only talking about headphones. It gets really nuts when you factor physical media (CDs, Records, etc) vs. digital medias (streaming, FLAC, etc.) and each of those have subsets within. Then you take the signal from those and convert to an analog signal or phono stage it into something. You can argue for days about Sabre, Multibit, ESS, R2R ladders, NOS, and other DAC processing types. And then pre-amping that signal via tubes or solid state. And the same for solid state, tube, and hybrid amplifiers. Good god can the tube rolling on these things go deeeeeeep. Of course, there is the type of cable and all that jazz to spend crazy stupid money on.

I like to experiment with the whole chain. Since I'm working from home today I've been on the home office chain with a DAC, a solid state amp working as a preamp, and two different tube amps. One of those amps is creating an enormous sound stage with the Hifiman Aryas. And the other is thumping some tubey bass via some Fostex Purplehearts.

Choice in mixing and matching is fun!

Reactions: craigh
Music is definitely a game-changer during those long work hours behind the computer screen. Lately, I've been obsessed with this awesome bouzouki instrument. Indeed, I wanna learn how to play it, and I even found some deals on the bouzouki sale. It's not your everyday choice, but it's brought a whole new dimension to my music experience. As for the last mind-blowing song, it has to be "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. Classic, I know, but it never gets old! I'm currently using a Sennheiser headphone setup, which makes the listening experience top-notch. It's like having a private concert right at my desk!

Last edited: