• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Getting a Google Review removed?

ryanabbott

Boss
Dec 12, 2011
Awards
First Name
Ryan
Good morning! Last week someone posted a very bad review about our Honda dealership. He ripped apart our owner and crossed a line. When searching his name it wasn't even someone that did business with us. Does anyone know a way to get these removed? I've tried flagging the review as slander but I haven't received a response from Google yet. I don't mind bad reviews, and I'm not saying we're perfect but this review was way off base and it sounds like an angry former employee. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm getting pressured by the powers to be to take care of this ASAP! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good morning! Last week someone posted a very bad review about our Honda dealership. He ripped apart our owner and crossed a line. When searching his name it wasn't even someone that did business with us. Does anyone know a way to get these removed? I've tried flagging the review as slander but I haven't received a response from Google yet. I don't mind bad reviews, and I'm not saying we're perfect but this review was way off base and it sounds like an angry former employee. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm getting pressured by the powers to be to take care of this ASAP! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I thought you might be exaggerating - then I read the review.
"...he looked me square in the eyes and told me... "no, you don't understand... she IS the devil" I guess not only should you stay away from these places but if you see Jane, stay away from her or she may actually send your soul to an eternal abyss of flames and tourture."

Yeah. In my opinion he ruins his credibility when he goes on with that rant. And I'm in public with Jane almost every day and I have never seen her act that way to someone. Auburn is a small town and she's very well known. Every time we eat lunch someone always comes up and says hello to her and she is very pleasant. This is obviously someone just trying to slander. It's disappointing and hopefully something can be done.

It looks like he may work for a competitor - John Guralny Summit Ford Elbridge NY opening hours and reviews
That would seem to go against Google's stated review policy:

Conflict of interest: Reviews are only valuable when they are honest and unbiased. Even if well-intentioned, a biased review can undermine its credibility. For instance, don’t offer or accept money or product to write positive reviews about a business, or to write negative reviews about a competitor. Don’t post reviews on behalf of others or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with the place you are reviewing.

As a suggestion, have your owner call the other dealer and explain what has occurred. Ask them to instruct the employee to remove the review. They may comply.

Reactions: 2 people
Hi Ryan-

Yes Ed is correct. I've seen similar instances of spam/slander that Google removed.

However, ever since they switched over to Google+ Local, there seems to be a slight delay in both posting responses and removing posts. So unless the employee removes it, you could be stuck playing the waiting game.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Jason

Last edited:
We had pretty good success getting both Google and Yelp to remove reviews almost every time an individual from the dealership was mentioned. We send an email request claiming that we feared for the personal safety of the employee and possible retribution by others and they acted pretty fast t get rid of them.