1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting found is only half the battle - SEO is NOT enough

Discussion in 'Online Marketing & Best Practices' started by Ed Brooks, Jun 14, 2017.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Alexander Lau

Alexander Lau
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Alex
    Whitespark isn't bad either, but they dropped the ball with me not too long ago. Just stopped responding to us.

It's a combination of both, being found and chosen. If you're absent on the major local listing outlets, there is no choice. Your credentials are going to be whacked. I see loads of dealers that aren't even close to where they should be. I can query them locally and see it. It's fairly pathetic. Like I said, a protocol has to be introduced asking customers for their reviews (content). There are a few automotive-centric systems out there outlining this stuff.

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. reverson

reverson
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Ryan
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Large Dealer Group
    Yes agreed, there are two halves in the battle. :)

Some dealers may have become too focused on the SEO getting FOUND aspect, and forgot about the other half - working on giving customers an actual reason to CHOOSE them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ed Brooks

Ed Brooks
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Ed
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Cars.com
    Twitter Handle:
    @EdGetsIt
    And I actually feel the 'getting found' part is way less than half of the true equation -- Getting found is but a fraction...

• Like Like x 1