• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Getting Your Dealership Ready For Apple Maps

Target the review sites that show up in your google 10 when you search for your dealer's name
Good call. 1st is Google 9th is DealerRater. Noticed that Yellow Pages has snuck a listing into my top 10. Time to refocus on Dealer Name again!

That's great advice for Google (the dominant desktop player). Maybe not the best advice for Apple's iOS. Mobile is big and getting bigger and Apple is as dominant as Google in mobile.
Thanks Ed, it was for my Off Topic which review site do you choose to target your customers towards :)

Did find another Canadian directory that shows up with dealerrater and google ratings: n49!
Maybe Apple will use Yelp with that for our listing. Being found and "recommended" on iProducts is pretty vital!

Reactions: 1 person
Google+ has been getting a ton of attention lately (as it well deserves), but Apple's recent announcement that iPhones and iPads will be doing away with Google Maps in favor a new a Apple Maps offering means you need to split your focus and do it now. Mobile is growing and Apple is looking to disrupt Google's influence in a big way.

IT'S TIME!!! iOS6 no longer uses Google Maps. Read more here: New iOS 6 Loses Google Maps, but Adds Other Features - NYTimes.com

Just upgraded my 3rd-gen iPad to iOS 6 (figured it was less mission-critical than my iPhone) and gave Siri a spin. Of our six rooftops:

1) Our Ford store (which we bought in early 2010) isn't showing.
2) Our Augusta, GA Lexus store is hard to select (it defaults to the Columbia store).
3) Our Buick/GMC/Cadillac store works for any one of them, though Scion and Saab didn't work with Siri.

Looks like some work is ahead...

Alright, I'mma double post because this is helpful:

If you're on an iOS 6 device and find a map error or omission, you can tap the pin and select "Report a Problem". Correct the info, and it gets sent off to Apple for review--and it says it may send the device's location information as well, so I'd say do it onsite.

I don't know the effects of multiple IDs submitting edits, but you figure that Apple can see the data history of an ID to check its legitimacy. A few of those saying "Yeah, this is Joe Blow Motors" can't hurt, right?

Did find another Canadian directory that shows up with dealerrater and google ratings: n49!
Maybe Apple will use Yelp with that for our listing. Being found and "recommended" on iProducts is pretty vital!

N49 is pretty popular with dealers around Toronto. DealerRater is picking up steam in the East and Yelp seems to be mostly for restaurants in Ontario.

Good to see you chime in Karen Anne!