• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM dealer leaving CDK website who to look at ?

Other than a few issues with Billing our dealerships have no problem with CDK. There websites are far more advanced than other platforms. their site speed is faster and everything shows on mobile unlike Dealer.com. It all depends on your Advocate or whatever they call them. Our person does so much and is always on top of things. I call them for everything we go over analytics and they show me all the new stuff that the website can do.
Are we talking about the same CDK or are you a CDK employee? lol

All of our CDK PageSpeeds are slower than Dealer.com's.

As a large group I deal with a wide variety of website vendors and CDK is close to the worst overall website provider out there.

Just FYI from my trusted inside sources, I would wait till middle/end of Q3 for announcements, maybe early Q4 at latest if hiccups. Good intel that there are several premier options other than CDK, 3, maybe 4. However don't get excited any are boutique, they are all major players with other OEM certs already. Then again who else could handle this. I'm fairly excited about choices, especially one that more inspirational than others.

With the rumors of CDK purchasing Dealer Inspire, I'm worried that a great website company is going to go the way of CDK's service level...
Thank you for your advocacy and rest assure that was only a rumor. We are working hard to continuously improve our service levels and now have nearly 600 employees to support our dealers.

We run quite a few Chevy sites and like others in this thread, we were built to address some of those frustrations and concerns dealers experience. As Eley mentioned, it might be best to wait for updates and announcements, but it'll be great when dealers have more options.

CDK.png

I have had the same consistent problem with CDK in their Executive Desktop and they acknowledged the issue, have had other dealers complain about it and yet here we are a year later dealing with it.

I also had someone from CDK call me directly from my complaint post on dealerfresh.com who promised me to resolve and promised me a callback....

... That was two months ago

My dealer principal is moving to Dealertrack ------- I will let you all know how it goes

http://makdaily.com/cdk-global-inc-nasdaqcdk-just-reported-increased-shorts/

• Useful
Reactions: Jeff Kershner
I know somone said that Dealer inspire was going to be bought by CDK I wonder if its the other way around?

There was a rumor CDK would purchase Cars.com (to include Dealer Inspire), but it was just a rumor. Cliff Banks made it quite clear that after the eLead purchase CDK was not in a financial position to put that kind of investment out there. With the news of their exit from digital marketing, it seems there may be more under their financial covers than Cliff was aware of.

Or it is a major financial move to position themselves for something beyond imagination.... who knows!