• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM Internet Lead Response Time - OFFICIAL thread

I must agree that $10k is a big Carrot. Why wouldn't you set your sights on a bogey such as that. If your response time exceeded 1hr prior to Jan. 1 on average I submit you've been spilling more than $10k in gross each month. Kudos to GM!!! Obviously this program has made the dealer body hyper- aware of this critical metric. Shame on those that are placing an emphasis on response time to hit a bogey versus setting a standard for yourself or your respective Internet Depts and/or Stores.

These newest guidelines for the next quarter are out of hand. The first quarter we scrambled and hit for all three GM stores but this new under one hour and 99% contact issue is not going to work. This counting closed hours isn't benefiting GM because people are scrambling just to kill times. At two in the morning are you calling a customer? Thank God for the I phone it saved us first quarter but this one I think myself and my staff are sleeping during the night

Anyone know any services doing these after hour responses?

Hello all.

I am new to the site, and actually came here in regards to this question.

Here is my current situation.

First quarter is over... and I ended it with 95.4% responded to in less than 2 hours (total of 558 leads)

That sucked... and was extremely difficult... I also don't think I can do any better ( 99% in less than 1hr ) without some kind of an edge. I am actually physically replying to these with my blackberry 24/7 :(

I use HigherGear... When a lead comes in, it sends an email from [email protected] to my email address.... when I hit reply, it generates a key address that when responded to, goes to the CRM, and THEN to the customer... so it works, and stops GM's clock. All is well. sorta

What would be IDEAL though... is if I could get gmail to send a response for me using their "canned response" lab... and it damn near works... It sends out a specific canned response as a reply to every email that comes in from [email protected]..... only problem is, it sends the response directly to [email protected], rather than to the key reply address that is generated when i hit "reply".... so no dice... won't work :( If it doesn't send the response to the key address, the clock won't show stopped in the CRM, and won't report the lead as responded to GM...

Any ideas???

I swear I thought I got a call from a company a few weeks back that would respond to all leads within 30mins for a couple hundred bucks a month..... I'll keep searching and let you guys know what I find.

:hello:

Basically now as a dealer you are under a 95% response rate you receive $0. I don't want to put up the matrix, but basically GM is making it very difficult to get the full $10,000. For example, if you are at 97.1-98% responded to in 1-1:59 hours you now only will get $4,250!

I agree that the carrot doesn't mean jack squat if you aren't selling cars from what you are doing. I am truly amazed at how many dealers seem to be "asleep at the wheel". This has helped us keep a focus on getting to the customer in a timely manner with quality content. I don't just want to kill the clock - my desire is to be the first best response to the customer. If my guys can do that - we are one step ahead of the competition.

As far as after hours companies - check out Client Connexions. Tim and company are great people and also have a great chat client to boot!

Basically now as a dealer you are under a 95% response rate you receive $0. I don't want to put up the matrix, but basically GM is making it very difficult to get the full $10,000. For example, if you are at 97.1-98% responded to in 1-1:59 hours you now only will get $4,250!

I agree that the carrot doesn't mean jack squat if you aren't selling cars from what you are doing. I am truly amazed at how many dealers seem to be "asleep at the wheel". This has helped us keep a focus on getting to the customer in a timely manner with quality content. I don't just want to kill the clock - my desire is to be the first best response to the customer. If my guys can do that - we are one step ahead of the competition.

As far as after hours companies - check out Client Connexions. Tim and company are great people and also have a great chat client to boot!

thanks for the link.

I contacted the company and have a meeting tomorrow morning :)

And P.S. nice bit about "not just wanting to kill the clock".... obviously you aren't the one sleeping with your blackberry under your pillow getting 500+ Gm leads per quarter... we all need a little help. when it comes to SFE ;)

Hello all.

I am new to the site, and actually came here in regards to this question.

Here is my current situation.

First quarter is over... and I ended it with 95.4% responded to in less than 2 hours (total of 558 leads)

That sucked... and was extremely difficult... I also don't think I can do any better ( 99% in less than 1hr ) without some kind of an edge. I am actually physically replying to these with my blackberry 24/7 :(

I use HigherGear... When a lead comes in, it sends an email from [email protected] to my email address.... when I hit reply, it generates a key address that when responded to, goes to the CRM, and THEN to the customer... so it works, and stops GM's clock. All is well. sorta

What would be IDEAL though... is if I could get gmail to send a response for me using their "canned response" lab... and it damn near works... It sends out a specific canned response as a reply to every email that comes in from [email protected]..... only problem is, it sends the response directly to [email protected], rather than to the key reply address that is generated when i hit "reply".... so no dice... won't work :( If it doesn't send the response to the key address, the clock won't show stopped in the CRM, and won't report the lead as responded to GM...

Any ideas???

I swear I thought I got a call from a company a few weeks back that would respond to all leads within 30mins for a couple hundred bucks a month..... I'll keep searching and let you guys know what I find.

:hello:

If you did something along these lines I think GM would notice that you respond to every single lead at exactly 5 minutes with the same response.

If you did something along these lines I think GM would notice that you respond to every single lead at exactly 5 minutes with the same response.

I guess we will find out when the sfe funds are distributed for q1.

Ive been Responding with a template from my blackberry to every lead in q1.... I honestly don't think they look at anything other than IP and time to respond in their calculations... and I don't think they even see much more than that after seeing the outgoing report my crm sends them. Of course gm crm/onesource users are in a different boat I think.... gm will see every detail of the lead and the response...

Confirm/deny?

Meeting with client connections @ 10:00 AM.

They offer a response service for $1.99/hour.... which is a decent deal since I can just have them monitor during certain hours.... I'll provide an update after the meeting.

On a side note.... anyone try using outlook's auto reply rule?? I am going to fool around with it a bit as well... although I have already found a few issues with it... namely the fact that it will only respond to an email once.. i'll see how it reacts to the key reply address and report back on this as well... may be a good option for during the day since someone will be able to make sure outlook is running... ( not sure i would trust it at night since it would NOT work if the computer had any issues or shut down and outlook couldn't operate.