• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM Reputation Management "Required"

Re: GM Rep Management "Required"

I have one of our General Manager's stating this is optional and can opt-out and another that says it is 100% required? Can anyone clarify?

It is required only if your dealer wants to sign up for SFE - and then 20% of the SFE money is tied directly to the participation in a GM endorsed reputation management solution (being signed up).

I would advise you to "run the math" and see if SFE even makes a good ROI sense with the new requirements. The SFE enrollment fee plus the reputation management fee, and you will now be paying for the SFE facilitator and mystery shopping - of which were both paid for by GM before.

Remember that SFE is an option... and not required. Does it make business sense to YOUR business? And can the ROI make dollars and cents?

Reactions: 5 people

Digital Air Strike is hosting daily webinars to explain the different options and answer questions. We invite all of you to join. There are ways to customize with our packages and include DealerRater and other review sites as an option on our surveys. Here is the link to register and our GM site also has a "contact us" form where you can submit questions and requests specific to your stores. Digital Air Strike | Webinars

Digital Air Strike is hosting daily webinars to explain the different options and answer questions. We invite all of you to join. There are ways to customize with our packages and include DealerRater and other review sites as an option on our surveys. Here is the link to register and our GM site also has a "contact us" form where you can submit questions and requests specific to your stores. Digital Air Strike | Webinars

Alexi, will your webinars be specific to AirStrike (selling) or general to the GM program (offering value & information)?

I ask as out of the 5 total post you have here on DR, they all seem pretty close to the edge of "pitchy." We love to hear from vendors, but you have to offer knowledge and insight, not just your product.

Come on, really? :rules:

Alexi I agree with Kelly, this is totally a pitch for your company and you could have certainly thought through this better. We all want to hear about products and how solutions work, especially the review topic. However this is the wrong way of going about it. I am going to give it a 99.99% probability you didn't even think of asking Jeff before posting this, cause I am positive he would have said no, and offered advice on how to approach the DR community.

Considering you don't contribute to any discussions often, you would have been much better serving the DR community, and yourself, if you contacted the dealers by private message. A simple non-pitched approach of; "hey, saw you might have questions about the GM reputation management program, I'd more more than happy to answer any questions if you would like me to, here's my contact info" would have been much better. Another vendor involved in the program did that with me and I was receptive to hear about their program.

You might want to read that article Jeff posted!

Reactions: 1 person

It is required only if your dealer wants to sign up for SFE - and then 20% of the SFE money is tied directly to the participation in a GM endorsed reputation management solution (being signed up).

I would advise you to "run the math" and see if SFE even makes a good ROI sense with the new requirements. The SFE enrollment fee plus the reputation management fee, and you will now be paying for the SFE facilitator and mystery shopping - of which were both paid for by GM before.

Remember that SFE is an option... and not required. Does it make business sense to YOUR business? And can the ROI make dollars and cents?

Great points Drew;

Your dealerships need to run the math for sure. Smaller dealers might lose money! In our case we do about 35-40 new cars per month between Chevy, Buick, GMC, & Cadillac. We were Buick/GMC with SFE. Our Chevy reps were pushing us to be Chevy SFE of course, so we signed up. They came back and said wait, you're going to lose money after the math was run. If we stayed Chevy only we would have lost $1,300 because we can't hit the required numbers with just Chevy volume. But if we signed with SFE as a multi-line dealer, we would stand to make over $35,000 for the year in the program. And we wouldn't have to do reputation management. Crazy isn't it........... so we signed up!

As Drew said SFE is an option...... but you can bet the store they are looking at who is signed up and who is not with a different look! I sat in Las Vegas at the Chevy dealer meeting and heard Alan Batey say loud and clear: "you better be on the bus with us".

You need to do the math if you are a smaller store.