• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM Reputation Management "Required"

Daringo,

LOL - what is even more of a bother is that the vendor made the decision to "remove these erroneous reviews" without consulting you.

What if you don't want the reviews removed? As I assume that you treat your customers well, and the ones that do review will be positive? Who cares if the customer transaction was a little old/stale, the review was written today! Even if they were bad....

Wouldn't it be nice if we could remove "erroneous reviews" from Google, Yelp, Yahoo, etc....oh right, that would kink the system and make those sites non-authoritative in the eyes of the customer/business. Oh wait, isn't that what we just did with the reviews on our site?

Gets better all the time.

Reactions: 1 person
Drew,

"Wouldn't it be nice if we could remove "erroneous reviews" from Google, Yelp, Yahoo, etc" - yes it sure would. At least those that mention competitors by name (oh we try).

What's kind of scary is we are a multi brand dealership so I'm not sure the scope of this problem. Did they send out to all GM customers? Did they send out to non GM customers?

I'm not a big fan of these automated services for this very reason.

Drew,

"Wouldn't it be nice if we could remove "erroneous reviews" from Google, Yelp, Yahoo, etc" - yes it sure would.

:poke: on a "real review site" people know they are leaving a review.

A friend sent this to me this morning. This is so damaging to dealers, I really don't understand why ANYONE thinks this was a good idea. Indexing this kind of content as a "review" must be a site ranking ploy. There is no other plausible explanation. Encouraging consumers to "see what our customers are saying about us" when all they are saying is "N/A" or "I'm a little too busy painting right now to take your survey" is twilight zone crazy. Your 5 stars are absolutely worthless without a story the consumer can connect to their expected personal experience.

GM SFE2.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Giving this a bump.

We are switching from Multi-Line SFE to Chevy SFE. With that we are required to use one of the GM approved Reputation Management vendors.

Wanted to hear from Chevy dealers what vendor your using and how's it going. And are you using Dealer Rater as well in conjunction with Chevy's mandated rep-man. If so how do you avoid bombarding your customers asking for reviews.

Thanks,

Eley

Giving this a bump.

We are switching from Multi-Line SFE to Chevy SFE. With that we are required to use one of the GM approved Reputation Management vendors.

Wanted to hear from Chevy dealers what vendor your using and how's it going. And are you using Dealer Rater as well in conjunction with Chevy's mandated rep-man. If so how do you avoid bombarding your customers asking for reviews.

Thanks,

Eley

Eley,

Reputation.com is probably the most bang for the buck, and focuses on ALL review sites that you want. Not just the "dealer website" or "preffered partners" as some of the other companies do.

You can forgo the "free signup gift" and get 2 months for no charge. Also a better bang for the buck.

Reactions: joe.pistell