• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GMB Keeps Adjusting Our Offered Services (Dealership profile - not service).

GerryFoster

4 Pounder
Jan 19, 2018
Awards
First Name
Gerry
This won't be super long.

Several months ago, when the "craze" of claiming and optimizing service department pages was happening, many "experts" were saying we should not list service department offerings on our Main Dealer profiles. Here we are, those several months later - And Google is pushing those offerings on all of our dealer profiles.

Am I alone in this experience? Does anyone have any thoughts on accepting the new services or remaining Siloed?

Create separate GMBs for sales, service at a minimum, body shop if you have one. Not sure many are still debating this.
Sorry, maybe I communicated poorly.

We currently have separate pages for each department(s) etc.

When I log in to make adjustments/chack on the health of the account I am prompted to accept updates to services offered/amenities etc. For me, the biggest head-scratcher is GMB keeps pushing service-related "offerings," and in some cases categories.

I know folks like Greg Gifford and others have suggested keeping these lists/service totally separate to maintain mother google delineating the difference between the two.

So is the question should you keep categories and services delineated? If not, I’m not sure I follow what the question is.
How I am reading his inquiry is that GMB is putting service department categories on non-service department pages - and he is trying to figure out how to stop that from happening, if there is a way to do so. @GerryFoster - did I summarize that properly?

How I am reading his inquiry is that GMB is putting service department categories on non-service department pages - and he is trying to figure out how to stop that from happening, if there is a way to do so. @GerryFoster - did I summarize that properly?
Yes, that's correct. Google keeps pushing changes to our services offered on our "sales" page. They "want" us to say that we do oil changes or service repair on our sales page. When all of this first came to be, I was under the impression that best practices were to list services offered on our service pages, collision repair on our collision center page, etc.

I suppose I was wondering if others are seeing this, and/or what the hive mind thought best practice would be.

Yes, that's correct. Google keeps pushing changes to our services offered on our "sales" page. They "want" us to say that we do oil changes or service repair on our sales page. When all of this first came to be, I was under the impression that best practices were to list services offered on our service pages, collision repair on our collision center page, etc.

I suppose I was wondering if others are seeing this, and/or what the hive mind thought best practice would be.

Hey Gerry - I'm assuming you're referring to this GMB message and then the suggested changes are highlighted below in orange font?

Yes, this is always happening to us and we just reject the suggested changes that don't apply (ie: fixed ops stuff on the main listing).

gmb message.PNG

gmg changes.PNG