• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM's eSummit 3.0 - you need to go!

Eley Duke

Boss
Nov 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eley
I just got back from GM's eSummit 3.0 in Greensboro NC, the 2nd stop of their 14 stop tour. And if your a GM dealer, YOU NEED TO SIGN UP AND GO!

I am a car guy trying to figure all this stuff out, I manage our website and our BDC, I have Facebook and Twitter accounts for the dealership and I read Digital Dealer and the forums here like all of you. But I am not a tech geek and it gets overwhelming trying to understand how the hell all this stuff is evolving! Well, after going to eSummit I quickly realized I better become a digital marketing geek, and real quick!

Here is what you need to do so you don’t come back like I did thinking "I wish I had taken more people"! You need to have 2 people at a minimum go. I would highly recommend your GM or Dealer go, actually send both, no excuse for them to miss this, there is a ton of info and you need top down buy in on this if your going to be successful. If you are reading this, it means you need to go and make sure the internet manager goes. You need a sales manager to go, they need to hear this so they know why you are doing what you are when it comes to digital marketing. Then you need your service manager to go or fixed ops director, there is very valuable stuff just in the first session that you will want them to hear.

It is divided into two sections, sales and service, here is the agenda https://esummit3.com/schedule/32 . I attended the first service meeting, and it was very informative, my used car manager attended the first sales meeting, and he said I really missed out on not being in that. I skipped the last two of the service to go to the sales. So you can see, you need your key people for sales and service to go!

Todd Smith of Active Engage talked about Social Media and Emerging Technology, it was great, and it is overwhelming what is going on today, it is well worth hearing him talk! The other speakers are great as well! I wish I could have attended each session, but there is no way.

The vendor expo they put on was great too, of course its all the vendors that GM is pushing and contracted with so its no Digital Dealer conference, but there were a lot there. AutoTrader, Black Book, CSSR and Aspen, Active Engage, Cars.com, eBay, Dealer Socket and Ben from there was great to talk with, and many more that you will want info on. And of course Cobalt is there.

If you want to know what is going on and what the future will be with regards to digital marketing in sales and service, you need to go. Plus they gave us ice cream, who says no to ice cream!

Also, does anyone have info yet on if there will be a spring Digital Dealer Conference and where and when?

Also, does anyone have info yet on if there will be a spring Digital Dealer Conference and where and when?

Glad to hear you got to attend an "ah-ha :ltbulb: " event Eley. Those are always the best! Digital Dealer 10 has not been announced yet, but the spring event is typically in Florida around April. There are 3 conferences coming up in October though:

Digital Dealer 9 is at the beginning of October
Driving Sales is from October 18th-20th
JD Power is from October 20th-22nd

They're all in Vegas.

Thank Eley for a great breakdown of the event. It has been a privilege to travel with the GM team and meet so many dealerships hungry to learn and improve their digital business. This is the time to take your dealership to the next level and the eSummit 3.0 tour is a great place to start. Great presenters, powerful and timely content and yes free ice cream. :)