• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Going paperless. How can you send a picture of the DL?

DealerITperson

Push Start
May 29, 2024
Awards
First Name
Michael
I can take all the paperwork from the salespeople.
But the one aspect I can't figure out a solution for is, that people want all paperwork completed when before they arrive.
To do this we need the DL.
How can we have this sent to the dealer without using email or text? The only thing I can come up with is allowing email but then only the F n I guys can get this and then they must delete it and give them the permanent delete instructions.

Any ideas?

Reactions: Tallcool1
I can take all the paperwork from the salespeople.
But the one aspect I can't figure out a solution for is, that people want all paperwork completed when before they arrive.
To do this we need the DL.
How can we have this sent to the dealer without using email or text? The only thing I can come up with is allowing email but then only the F n I guys can get this and then they must delete it and give them the permanent delete instructions.

Any ideas?
You'd want a secure portal for customers to upload documents to.

Many dealers are on Office365 and use a OneDrive secure upload link.

DriveCentric CRM offers a solution:

ComplyAuto offers a solution:

Yes, this can be done pretty easily.

Create a Secure Portal through a Webform Application. Attach the form to your CRM via Webhook. It is cheap and it is HIPPA level secure.

Send the Contact a link to the Webform via SMS or Email. Tell them to attach the DL and click Send. It will show up on your side securely.

Send me a DM if you need specific assistance. I have done this through an app that I currently use for my Credit Applications. It took all of about 2 minutes to do it.