• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google+ ...are you on it yet?

If you're using Google+ I'm curious to hear your reactions.

Looks like they shut it down...

Google+ is in limited Field Trial
Right now, we're testing with a small number of people, but it won't be long before the Google+ project is ready for everyone. Leave us your email address and we'll make sure you're the first to know when we're ready to invite more people.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm 24 hours into it now and I can say that overall it is a massive copy of facebook....but I like the experience better than facebook. It is cleaner and is really good at differentiating who can see what from you. They also did a fantastic job on the mobile site.

However, unless Google+ does something truly innovative (not just copying better) I really don't see why people will migrate from facebook.

However, unless Google+ does something truly innovative (not just copying better) I really don't see why people will migrate from facebook.
People won't uproot themselves wholesale from Facebook (even if that was possible) to move to Google+. They'll just find themselves spending increasing amounts of time on Google+ at the expense of Facebook because something catches their eye while they're on Google for other things.

Google doesn't have to eliminate competitors to win, it just has to have a lot of people looking at ads on their sites. (This is why Google wins even if iOS completely dominates Android in the market--what's the default search engine on iOS?)

Speaking of Plus and Facebook, did you see that Specific Media acquired MySpace and brought-on Justin Timberlake? Apparently with the intent to morph MySpace into a cyber artist colony, or something like that. We've already seen differentiation in the Social space -- FB vs. LinkedIn, for example: personal vs. professional. It'll be interesting to see if Plus generates a liked-minded audience.

Is it a coincidence that Soap Operas that have been on-air forever have been cancelled and millions of stay-at-home moms spend all afternoon on Facebook? JUST in my opinion, and no research to validate, Facebook seems very female-dominated. I could be completely wrong, but just my gut feeling. So maybe Plus will appeal to men trying to escape the constant bombardment of their friends' kids pictures? Who knows who far these things could striate...