• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Glass (All Wearable Technology)

Eric Miltsch

Smile, it's good for you!
Apr 16, 2009
First Name
Eric
So who's interested in wearable technology? Discussion about anything from Google Glass, Galaxy Gear, Quantified Self & any other personal technology solution.

Have you tried any of these products yet? What's your early take on this movement?

The future will have robots running around the house, computers strapped to our bodies (maybe inside our bodies), and cars that we won't drive. There was a time when Hollywood was 50 years ahead of technology. Technology is catching up to Hollywood faster and faster. Is there even a 20 year difference anymore? Maybe 10? iRobot is looking more and more like reality everyday. Minority Report's computers and identification technologies.....look at the XBOX One and Google Glass.

Google Glass is going to be hard to adapt to for version 1 and probably version 2 as well. If Google sticks with it version 3 will be something for the masses. Right now it is a geek toy. And yeah, I'm on the list :)

Can't wait to see the evolution of this one. I'm really looking forward to the day when something like this isn't as invasive as a pair of glasses.

LOL... I got my invite last week and had them delivered on Friday. They are pretty cool. I have played around with them. Looking at a few ideas for app development. If anyone has any ideas, more than willing to help or co-develop.

As for the $1500... as you have probably heard "ballin' aint cheap" -- and this is definitely a ballin' toy if you are not a developer.

I just returned my google glass. Thought I could sell it for more, but Google is giving out these invites like they're candy!

As for playing with it... pretty awesome. Definitely not worth $1500! Developers need more time to make more apps. There will be a use for them, I just feel like its not ready yet.

I got one and used it for 3 days. I sent it back....I tried to see how I could use it at the dealership and its not even close to ready for prime time. Its hard to use even for a geek like me. The battery life stinks. The UI is confusing...

I told my salesman they all had to wear them from now on and they threatened to REVOLT :rofl:

Reactions: 1 person