• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Map - pls help me

Joe,
....As far as the google.ca goes I find this not so easy. Googe has paid listings "google.ca/places" when I click it always re-directs me to google.com. The other maps I have worked with have always been .com.

Keep you posted..... if anyone has any insight on the .ca vs .com that would be great.

Ryan

Ryan,

Was doing my Local SEO homework this evening (it never ends!) and came across Local Guru Dev Basu page The Canadian Guide to Local SEO Citations It's abit dated, but, because he's Canadian, I'd bet you'll find some jewels to help your Local Search results.

Ryan,

Was doing my Local SEO homework this evening (it never ends!) and came across Local Guru Dev Basu page The Canadian Guide to Local SEO Citations It's abit dated, but, because he's Canadian, I'd bet you'll find some jewels to help your Local Search results.

He actually contacted me today. I guess he has Google Alerts or something. Thanks again for everything!!

Hey Joe,

Thanks for your kind words. I just had a chat with Ryan and I'm hoping we might be able to work together on a couple of projects.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear about me, or my agency Powered by Search? Would love to connect with you as well to discuss automotive SEO.

He runs a SEO agency out of Toronto. He's one of THE BEST in the biz.

G'Luck,

Hey Joe,

Thanks for your kind words. I just had a chat with Ryan and I'm hoping we might be able to work together on a couple of projects.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear about me, or my agency Powered by Search? Would love to connect with you as well to discuss automotive SEO.

DB,

I've been following you and the Local Search brain trust for a few years. The players I like are Mike Blumenthal, David Mihm, Bill Slawski, Miram at Solas, Andrew Shotland and others. You all exchange ideas and links liberally, no egos, no turf wars.

I hired Mike B as a local search consultant on my Indie site. What a mess we had, 3 unique LLCs, typos every where and we had to tie these LLCs to one unrelated URL. It's always a work in progress.

Dev, you've landed in one of the "intellectual islands" of the Automobile Dealer industry, lots of pioneers and vendors swim around in here. Feel free to weighin at any time.

PM me here and we'll talk.
Joe

ok so after reading the complete thread - I paused at #19 @joepistell's comment "now to get it ranked".. And here we are..So I received a call from 'Spider Boost's' team today pitching me on paying a monthly fee to them for Places/Maps ranking, enhancement, and ongoing maintenance..Although I do know the importance of local search and my placement, I'm thinking it was a bit high. Also, with all of the contacts I have between whether dealers and vendors :), I was hoping to get some great feedback as to how to correct the ranking and placement on my own. I did complete the Places to 100% but my content is said to be lacking, therefore not appearing in searched locally well.. Would soo appreciate any feedback!! Thanks!

Michele why dont' you put up a screeshot of your map. For the example of the Hyundai dealer it was reallly hard as their site was just a landing page.

Once I started getting them listed on as many directories as possilble and adding some plain text on their site....voila. Now when you type "hyundai dealer" on google.ca they come up in the 3 pack.

I do not consider myself an expert on this but I can tell you it is not an easy task. The most frustrating part is some of the competition will show up in front of you on Google Places and have not even verified their listing.

Last edited:
ok so after reading the complete thread - I paused at #19 @joepistell's comment "now to get it ranked".. And here we are.. Would soo appreciate any feedback!! Thanks!

Eeek!

RXNzZXJtYW4gTmlzc2FuICAgICAgICAgIFBhbG1ldHRvICYgNTd0aCBBdmU=.gif

Images are invisible to search engines!!

Your address is all over, but the biz name is not. Make every effort to use TEXT of your full business name where ever your addresses appears. Example:

Address:
Esserman Nissan
16725 NW 57th Avenue
Miami, FL 33055

Directions / Map

Sales:
Sun: 11:00 AM-7:00 PM
Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM-9:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM-8:00 PM

If you can, link the biz name to point to the Esserman Nissan, Ltd. is a Miami Nissan dealer and a new car and used car Miami FL Nissan dealership. page.

Your address has you in "Miami" (not a distant 'burb of Miami), with some effort, you should easily OWN excellent Local search results.

tsk tsk tsk... no fair cutting corners! Listing Snapshot | GetListed.org

:)

Joe,

You have some mad karma coming your way. It would be interesting to know what this new wave of Local experts would charge to complete these simple steps.