• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google My Business adds inventory

If the dismal referral traffic results weren't enough to convince you to potentially reconsider GMB Cars For Sale listings, Google just rolled out a new "feature" that allows a user to choose between going to your dealership website or a third party site like AutoTrader, Cars.com, Carfax, Edmunds, etc.

WTF -- really?? That is just like the most stupid thing Google could do.

Time to write Google, your SEM vender (they have Google direct contacts), etc -- and express complete DISATISFACTION in the new add to the GMB.CFS.

You can set it up yourself - you just need to know how to create a merchant center feed, connect the merchant center to Adwords, GMB, etc etc.

Problems I have seen include things like
-- overlays/branding (not allowed by google) - and most venders can make workaround like skipping first photo, zooming photo, etc etc
-- not knowing how/what campaign structure to use in Adwords
-- Goals not set-up in Adwords correctly

Paying a vender a reasonable FLAT (no %%) fee is totally worth it in my opinion to handle all these problems, and any changes "the Googles" come up with... remember still a "beta" and is changing.

Oh nice, going to look into it last I remember checking about 2-3 months ago it was through approved venders only. Seems easy enough to setup however.

If the dismal referral traffic results weren't enough to convince you to potentially reconsider GMB Cars For Sale listings, Google just rolled out a new "feature" that allows a user to choose between going to your dealership website or a third party site like AutoTrader, Cars.com, Carfax, Edmunds, etc.
I just now saw this on our Cars For Sale listings. This is comical.