• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Reviews Disappeared!?!?!? What's the deal?

It would seem like Google could be sued for something like this. There algorithm deleted thousands of positive customer reviews potentially causing millions in lost revenue across the board nationwide based simply on speculation. Did they attempt to contact any of the reviewers? I doubt it. Our reviews had specifics regarding deals that couldn't have possibly been put there any way but by the customer. Has anyone looked into this as a class action thing against Google? Seems they may have breached some sort of code of ethics or something.

Good News: I received my PIN from google this morning and now my G+ account is officially merged with my Places page!
Bad News: Every response to every review is gone!
At least I can replace the pictures from my Places page that vanished and I only lost 2 reviews.

My question: Should I RE - Respond to the reviews? The old ones, the bad ones, the good ones, pick a few newer ones and move on?

Overnight my G+ & L have now disconnected again, the replies are back, and it looks just as it did the day before I got my PIN and merged. The Local looks unclaimed, but I click to claim and wind up on my old places manager's page...any ideas?

Overnight my G+ & L have now disconnected again, the replies are back, and it looks just as it did the day before I got my PIN and merged. The Local looks unclaimed, but I click to claim and wind up on my old places manager's page...any ideas?

Kelly - go into your Google Local account, and at the top, select "add a listing". Put your dealership phone number in there and see if a duplicate listing(s) comes up. If so, that is likely the problem. You will need to claim the duplicate listing, then update everything in the duplicate listing to be the exact same as the original listing you had in your Google account. Wait a few days/weeks until the views for your original listing and the duplicate listing match (showing that Google has merged the listings). You can then remove the duplicate listing and you should be back in business. Always a constant PITA managing these things...

Reactions: 3 people
We are having the same problem. We contacted Google, and advised them of the situation to no avail. Basically, if the customer puts the word "Awesome" or "Great" or "Wonderful" it would be deleted.

We went as far as handing out a printed way of how to post a Google Review, with explicit directions of how to do it for the customers, and they would do so, just to have it removed by Google. It's entirely too frustrating. The customers are doing it from their home or work, not here at the dealership, and it's still deleted.... Don't know what more we can do?