• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Reviews

I have faced the same problem in my area with low numbers of gmail addresses, which obviously makes it very difficult to generate google reviews. If you have a high number of dealerrater reviews, would it be possible to create an ad or offer promoting all of your dealerrater reviews?

If you have a high number of dealerrater reviews, would it be possible to create an ad or offer promoting all of your dealerrater reviews?

AJ,

There are tons of ways to leverage a DealerRater score into traditional media. I have dealers doing radio ads and billboards too if that is what you mean. Check this out though, this is a very smart way to capitalize and use what is otherwise ineffective space in the Place page:

ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 19 10.02.jpg

I'll check and see if there is any reporting on Push available and post later today.

Thanks Ryan...that's kind of what I am looking for-a way to prominently promote that if a customer wants to read a lot of reviews about your dealership, then go to dealerrater. I would really like a way to promote it on the Google search results page.

Thanks Ryan...that's kind of what I am looking for-a way to prominently promote that if a customer wants to read a lot of reviews about your dealership, then go to dealerrater. I would really like a way to promote it on the Google search results page.

AJ,

2 things real quick... sorry for the haste of this post, there is a screenshot at the bottom for you.

This is already being done for you. Your DealerRater page is indexed in position 3 in a search for your name. NOT BAD AT ALL! Also, your Place page is NOTICEABLY ABSENT, it is not even returning! Don't worry you aren't the only one. I'm seeing this a lot.

My guess is that this is a piece of the puzzle that Google is willing to concede to keep the feds off of their back and preserve their other revenue streams unadulterated. That Senate Hearing is tomorrow by the way and one of the things on the agenda is hard coding algorithms to return Google properties over others regardless of content. Coincidence that the Place pages are harder to find right now? Maybe not.

If I'm right about why the Place pages are less prominent than they once were, I sure don't want to be the consultant that confidently rode the "put all your eggs in the Google Places basket" horse right into a dealer's budget meeting last month, but I digress...

Here is thought two:

I think you should take full advantage of the subdomains. Those are an awesome opportunity to leverage your reviews and you don't need to brand any name but your own. "Reviews from Customer's JUST LIKE YOU!" would be a strong header and you can leverage the DealerRater review feed on that page for content. The DealerRater emblem maintains the authenticity but they are on YOUR site. Again, just a thought.

Here is that screenshot, let us know what you decide to do...

ScreenHunter_04 Sep. 20 11.24.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't watch this in it's entirety, but I watched enough to confidently say this will progress to a suit. Here is the video from the hearing:

Oversight of Google - C-SPAN Video Library

Here are a couple, dare I say it, Snippets from the hearing that I grabbed from mashable ;)

“If you don’t know, who does?â€

- Al Franken questioning Schmidt about Google’s knowledge of its own favoritism in its search algorithm

“And ultimately, we bought a company called Zagat to do something similar.â€

- Eric Schmidt on Yelp

“Some of my fears have been confirmed by our conversation.â€

- Mike Lee, R-Utah

“You run the racetrack, own the racetrack, you didn’t have horses for a while but now you do and your horses seem to be winning.â€

- Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., comparing Google to a horse race

“Google might be doping the horses.â€

- Al Franken, extending the metaphor

Reactions: 1 person