• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Wave!

CAORYAN

Boss
May 28, 2009
First Name
Ryan
So I woke this morning to my google wave invite. In case you are unaware of google wave it is a email, IM, social, photo sharing, address book, open source community, search engine, Forum, everything platform that you really can't appreciate until you start messing with it. I am not going to make any bold predictions but I do wonder if this will be the cause to email becoming obsolete.

Wanna get in? You can't....apparently they have stopped accepting invite requests.

I can answer any questions you may have if any. Feel free to ask. I can tell you I have no clue how to truly use it and I am extremely tech savvy. I think I am making it a lot harder than I should.

My 3 favorite features so far are 1) live conversation....people see letter for letter what you type so it's live 2) Drag and drop images.....you can share an image/photo with friends and family by dragging the photo to the wave. 3) Share an embedded video that will play in the content section.

When I learn more I am sure that will change.

One of my friends said he sent me an invite this morning, but got this back:

Google Wave team said:
Google Wave is more fun when you have others to wave with, so please nominate people you would like to add. Keep in mind that this is a preview so it could be a bit rocky at times.

Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick.

Happy waving!

If mine doesn't come through before Monday, do you mind writing an article about it for the DealerRefresh blog Ryan?

One of my friends said he sent me an invite this morning, but got this back:

If mine doesn't come through before Monday, do you mind writing an article about it for the DealerRefresh blog Ryan?

I think they are trying to do a really good job of keeping spam out. It gives us the same notice when we nominate people. I don't have a clue how long it's going to take.

I don't mind writing a blog about it but you will have to fix all my typo's and misspellings.