• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Grant Cardone Uses Contest Burner

For a vendor, I think it's worth the effort. Like what MB Motorsports does is ideal -- because it's ongoing, there's minimal effort as a user and it drives the winner into the dealership.

I've met many automotive trainers, and they are so only interested in what's hot, and what will make them money that it's often insincere. Grant will achieve in his objectives, but what he's doing is not going to work for dealers. I see it as ... "You send me a $1, and I'll tell you how to be rich." The answer is, ask 1,000,000 people to send you a $1.

Here's a whole suite of FB apps that are well worth the $19 a month that you might consider about blogging about. Powerfully Simple Facebook Applications | North Social I'm sure you'll be able to find many ways on how each app can help with a dealer's social media strategy. There are sweepstakes, group couponing, video players, photo galleries, maps, landing pages ... and so on.

David I appreciate your insight but I can't agree with you that running a contest with the Contest Burner plug in would not work for a dealer. Everyone loves a contest, throw a little competition in there and braggin rights and you create an army of ambassadors for your store. If you have read my posts you will not that I'm no social media guru and don't fall for a lot of the latest and greatest gimmicks.

Any one else??

...I like Grant's enthusiasm ..

AM I CRAZY DR?? WILL CONTEST MARKETING NOT WORK FOR CAR DEALERS:dunno:

Gulp...

Ryan, sorry bro, I don't get the enthusiasm vibe. There is no way in hell I am going to ever give Dr SPAM my FB or contact info. Do you got a fake account I can stuff your results with?

I am surprised that this didn't come from Jimmy Z's Social Media skool?
facebook-fx.png

Don't get me wrong, Sales trainers have NEVER been needed more than they are RIGHT NOW. IMO Grant C and Jimmy Z should stay on message and hammer home what they do better than anyone on the planet. Training troops to survive to fight again another day.

Uncle Joe , You don't even need facebook or Twitter. But unfortunately you do need an email.

So I started off just playing around with this and then Stan Sher started getting dirty....THEN CARDONE PUMPS UP SOME DEALERSHIP WITH $5000.00 TO TAKE DOWN THE CANADIAN.

DealerRefresh - This video has nothing to do with you. This is my favourite site in the whole world. If i win i will give a huge video plug to the whole team and PERSONALLY THANK STAN SHER FOR TEACHING ME HOW TO DOMINATE SOCIAL MEDIA.

Here is my link if you want to support. If not thats cool to. ( you need to sign up to) Grant Cardone Contest – $10,000 at GC store, iPad, and more! | Grant Cardone's Success Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Gulp...

Ryan, sorry bro, I don't get the enthusiasm vibe. There is no way in hell I am going to ever give Dr SPAM my FB or contact info. Do you got a fake account I can stuff your results with?

I am surprised that this didn't come from Jimmy Z's Social Media skool?
facebook-fx.png

Don't get me wrong, Sales trainers have NEVER been needed more than they are RIGHT NOW. IMO Grant C and Jimmy Z should stay on message and hammer home what they do better than anyone on the planet. Training troops to survive to fight again another day.

Joe,

I guess what I'm saying is a viral contest can work for dealers. I'm not asking if Grant Cardone's was a hit or not. The original DR post was a review of the actual Wordpress plugin.

Hey Jeff - Can this darn plugin do anything positive for a dealer ya think?

People who participate in contests are looking for an easy reward. I facilitated a contest that offered a free trip to Orlando for about two years, and few and far between were quality leads--but it was good for branding, and making our traffic look good. And we got the airfare, car rental, hotel and Disney tickets free.

Looking at ContestBurner.com, I see it as a maybe useful tool in creating traffic--but not qualified or targeted traffic that's to any use to a car dealer. Your client base is local, and creating traffic for the sake of traffic isn't going to find a lot of leads or create local excitement, unless you put a lot of money and awareness into advertising locally. Still, the attention you get will be mostly out-of-market and unqualified.

Also, ContestBurner.com seems a little fly-by-night of an opportunity. And this is not something new. I just don't buy their hype. It's got the stench of MLM all over it.

I agree with Unkie Joe and that trainers need to stick to what they know.

I'm forever the optimist! :)

This is how I evaluate Contest Burner. First, it's up-front about targeting to an affiliate marketing audience--it's primarily an affiliate program; which means that there will be a point of burn-out (no pun intended.)

Second, let's look at their Twitter account ... Bill McIntosh (contestburner) on Twitter. Rule of thumb--when just about the same amount of people who follow you, you follow ... that's NOT an organically grown following. As a company that preaches about creating "viral success," their following is VERY low. Your follow ratio should not exceed 20% beyond the first few months when you're building traffic. And the listing ratio is VERY, VERY low ...

Third ... I checked their Facebook presence. Not a group with more than 11 members. I know this is not primarily a social tool, but still ... You would think that they would use it to their advantage.

Fourth, they have not tweeted nor posted a blog since November.

Fifth, let’s look at founder Bill McIntosh – the touted Internet Marketing genius. 49 people like his weekly marketing show. Bill McIntosh's Live Internet Marketing Show | Facebook There are only 74 members on his blog. I’m sorry, but this is pretty pitiful for someone who’s been around 10+ years. I cannot even find a bio listed on this “guru.â€

I can also barely find an article about this software past November of 2010. So although the software might work … there doesn’t seem to be much support for it.

For a dealer it might bring traffic, but again … not qualified traffic. It’s a tool to grow your numbers, and not necessarily business.

I love you too … but this is a borderline scam. Good for a blog at best. $149 good--not too sure about that.