• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Graphic Design Question

I took it on and learnt myself by starting with tutorials that can be found ALL over the web. As I started an awesome, and FREE program that helped was paint.net, an open source PhotoShop-esque program. Another great resource that was invaluable in learning some design tricks was a video tutorial site, Lynda.com.

I advanced to a CS4 suite and don't mind doing some graphics here and there but if I had it to do over I think I would have focused my energy on moving more iron instead of honing my graphic design skills which I hardly use anymore. I think it's a smart move to have some experience so you can talk about it at a higher level sometimes but sourcing out a cheap alternative is the best value in my eyes.

We do almost all of our own graphic design for our websites, fliers, e-mails, mailers, brochures videos and other various items. Typically I stick to Adobe CS4/5 and Premier and the couple other individuals usually stick to Adobe products as well (and a couple that still use paint.net)

Sure is time consuming though as others have mentioned, but at least when we want something we can (usually) get it done quickly.