• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Harder decision than "whats for lunch"

Dominic Belfiori

Rust & Dust
Jan 6, 2010
First Name
Dominic
I've been sitting here contemplating what type of car I would like to buy. Then i though, why not ask the experts? What kind of car's do you guys like?
Personally I'm not a big fan of domestic, and am currently leaning towards the 2010 Mazda3 5-door.
What would you suggest?

Mazda 3!

Love that car for the price. I believe I just read somewhere that the Mazda 3 had the highest resale value in it's class.

Year back when selling Mazda's, there were the little underdog - I knew when the Mazda 3 was introduced that was going to change. It sure has!

I highly recommend Mercedes and Audi products. :D

Since we're going from Mazda to this level I'm going to up the ante and say how about the Ferrari and Aston Martin products :lol: :poke:

Dominic - have you looked at anything other than the Mazda3? It is a great car, but give us a hand on what you're looking for in a car.

P.S. You have just activated a bunch of sales people who love this kind of conversation.....hold onto your seat!

Hahaha Alex!

Yeah a Ferrari or Aston Martin would be crazy!
Yeah i had looked at a few vehicles, in the beginning i was thinking Civic SI (amazing car, but i'm hesitant due to car theft rates). Then i was thinking maybe a Lancer, but i've seen to many of those as of late. So i was like.... hmm... RX8. I noticed Mazda3 was alot more affordable and still had the sporty feel that i so long for!

Basically i'm personally a fan of sporty import cars, preferably a hatch. More of a Looks > Power person. There's just so many cars to choose from, plus i always find it fun to see what other people like :)

Yeah, after i posted i was like... man, my phone is going to go off the hook! I might need to refer to Jerry for his phone skills! :) It's okay though, bring em on! I love learning/hearing from the pro's :)

I am a subaru fan! Try the wrx. You will love it! I personally haven't owned one simply because I still own the same car I did when I found out about Subaru's. Great cars. You will also have a huge market of people on forums if you ever have questions.

If you buy-into the notion that there are three types of driving feels (American, Asian, and European) can you say which is your favorite?

American = mostly for people who don't like to drive, so they're very comfortable. The sporty cars are straight-line powerful.

Asian = mostly copied successful franchises at first, but dominated in quality and technology. Sporty cars *were light-weight and handled fantastically. *were because there sure aren't many in production now :(

European = heavily inspired by the AutoBahn. Built for high-speeds, safety, and a culture that enjoys the passion of driving.