• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Hello.

Dealer.com, if you can get this message, please add this field to the control center in the pricing rules section!!!!

Other than that, everything is great! I think I will have a McRib today!!:D

Rick - hope that McRib was tasty :)

I just got word that we may have found a solution for you (had a few people working late on a Sunday). We're going to try to get something pushed in the next update. I should get word as to when that will be this coming week. I just wanted to let you know we heard you and hang tight.

Alex,

While you're in a GTD mode, think you can talk someone over there into getting Control Center ILM and Powermail to better/at all on the iPhone?
Long lunch meetings, waiting for trains & traffic delays, Blues games--I would get a TON more done when I can't be at a computer if I could use my phone. (only during intermissions at the games though ;) )

As to what I'm working on here under the rock...
I just finished our "Christmas Traditions" graphics and ad work. It's going really well! I re-price all of our new inventory this weekend from my couch. Up this week--Implementing new requirements for the Dedicated Internet Salesman (including creating new FU rules in our ILM and new templates) and we're having our first talks about "the Merge."(Internet and Sub-prime merging...why is this an idea?)

Rick - hope that McRib was tasty :)

I just got word that we may have found a solution for you (had a few people working late on a Sunday). We're going to try to get something pushed in the next update. I should get word as to when that will be this coming week. I just wanted to let you know we heard you and hang tight.

Thanks Alex!! I greatly appreciate any help you can offer.
BTW- YES, that McRib was totally awesome!!! :D

Also, I got my vbscript done and it's working great. My next task is figuring out a way to auto-save the files from UCS. That one will take some time to figure out.

Thanks Alex!! I greatly appreciate any help you can offer.
BTW- YES, that McRib was totally awesome!!! :D

Also, I got my vbscript done and it's working great. My next task is figuring out a way to auto-save the files from UCS. That one will take some time to figure out.

Have you seen the McRib without sauce? It looks like a rubber yoga mat.
happysad.gif
Still good though. Also just curious do you mean vBulletin script or is that something totally different?

Have you seen the McRib without sauce? It looks like a rubber yoga mat.
happysad.gif
Still good though. Also just curious do you mean vBulletin script or is that something totally different?

I have not seen a McRib without sauce but I will take your word for it.:lol: vbscript is a script for a Windows operating system. You can use vbscript for basicly any type of function on a windows pc. What I used it for in this case was to take the workload off of me when I download all the files from our DMS which is UCS and they don't integrate with anyone except themselves. It's a very selfish system. Just ask any vendor about UCS and they will tell you the same. I have 14 files that I download, rename and FTP out each day to different servers. The files I download are reports. Some are inventory, prospects, service data, sold customer info(term, payments, etc...). Some of these files are pretty big, so it has been time consuming plus not mention I would have to have the files sitting on the vendors servers by a certain time. Not all of them are constricted to a certain time but some of them are. This is before I added the script.

Now all I have to do is download the files to my pc and the script does the rest. In the control panel on my pc under scheduled task, I have my pc set to open this file(script file) at 10pm each night. Once it opens the file, it will start the process of renaming the files, FTP the files to the correct servers and once it finishes the FTP, it will delete the file. So the next day when I get to my office, all I have to do is download the new files again. The rest has been done for me. Currently right now UCS doesn't have an autosave feature so I still have to download the files manually. Some DMS providers will export your data for you but they love to tack on a monthly charge for this process. Normally it's not a small charge either. A little thinking outside of the box and you can perform this yourself and save the dealership some money on the bottom line. When you start adding these monthly savings up over the course of a year, it really adds up to alot of savings. If you see that you are doing repetitive task each day on your pc, chances are a vbscript can do that task for you and free up some of your time.

Reactions: 1 person