• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Nov 22, 2019
First Name
Alexis
I am currently the receptionist at a small dealership! I am looking for other ways to help out the dealership. We have all of the normal roles filled, I’m just looking for small jobs to do. As a salesman, GM, Sales manager, BDC, Service writer: what would help you out the most? What would “an additional set of hands” do for you?

We had a few receptionists who assisted with inventory management. Sourcing dealer exchange vehicles and entering info from ordered cars. These were franchised stores that sold 200+ new cars a month though.

Any business has bookkeeping needs. Smaller businesses typically have "less complex" Quickbooks accounts that don't require a CPA or CFO level of knowledge to keep reconciled. That's an idea.

Service can always use help on the phone or email informing customers of progress. The sales department can always use someone to call old prospects or handle an abundance of new leads.

There is never a shortage of work. There is always a shortage of the right person to do the right job.