• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Homenet vs Firstlook

Eley,

What did you decide? I continue to be a big fan of vAuto. Dealer Specialties has a very good back-end tool. I was able to negotiate a deal where I could get my pictures at a better price, than the vendor we were using, which paid for Dealer Specialties back-end tool. This gave me the best pricing tool and a very good marketing tool.

Sorry Doug, I just saw this. We dropped Firstlook and MaxAds. There were some issues with MaxAds we were having with the content not being right, and we didn't feel Firstlook was the right tool for us. I would also not blame it all on Firstlook, I don't think it was a right fit for our used car manager, if you have the right person, but the wrong tool, it never works. He could have probably adjusted better, but we gave it our best shot.

We stuck with Dealer Specialties. We are in the middle of a lot of changes here and I decided best to stick with what we had vs adding more change to the pot currently.

We stuck with Dealer Specialties. We are in the middle of a lot of changes here and I decided best to stick with what we had vs adding more change to the pot currently.

Each of the better programs has strengths and weaknesses. I was having issues with my pictures going up and everyone, at the time, was pointing fingers at everyone else. If Dealer Specialties took the pictures, they were up the next day.

Thanks Doug! It's a slow process - and one reason I've been pretty :hidepc:

@EleyDuke I know what you mean by issues and the right tool - it's a fight here. We moved FirstLook to doing more things simply because the Sales Manager was familiar with part of the tool and he uses it the most.

We had a mapping issue for a few days, but for now DealerSpecialties is getting the job done. We had 30-40% of total inventory w/no pics last month! We need a person to just do photos and merchandising - but we have a TON of staffing needs right now and that's the bottom of the list for sure! :dunno: