• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How many leads can an Internet Manager handle, effectively?

Realistically I think 125 leads with heavy follow up and a strong process is effective. Remember a percentage carry over into the next month, a percentage get sold, and a percentage become dead leads. Anything over 150 is way too much. I had people handle 200-250 at one point due to my dealer not allowing me to hire staff and I suffered from lack of follow up.

C'on Joe... Yes, Human Resources as in someone paying attention to whom they hire and understand the job well enough to know what qualities to look for.

Yag,
Just re-read your post. I got you now!

You wrote: "..start with knowledge of what's needed, a good HR process has to follow"

ack! Processes! Yet another weakness of our industry!

Yag, time for you to open a new biz... Dealer HR Services. ;-)

Reactions: 1 person
I believe if it is 100% used or a heavy % of used it does change things. I'm ok with less used car leads. I would have traded 100 new car leads for 10 used car leads when I sold cars. Not that I didn't make money on new but it wasn't close. $800 gross vs $3000. Sell 25 new cars to make the same as 15 used. There are many factors that go into this question.

As for the question about the phone calls, thats a structure thing. If they take ups, phone calls, etc...As for tracking outbound calls there is phone systems that give sales people an extension to dial out and it tracks the calls and what numbers they call. We had that. Problem is if you have a list type of caller it slows them. Thats when you have to decide if tracking is more important than a few extra calls every day.

What a fantastic thread! TY DD for starting it!

Question:
I sell used cars. If you sold 100% used cars, would your numbers change?
--# Leads per ISM
--Closing Ratio Goals