• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How much should I charge dealers for buyers?

AIS, so autopitch is free all the way until the consumer accepts your offer. If the consumer accepts your offer, we will take a $300 deposit which we keep as our referral fee. What are your thoughts on that? Is that fair for sending you a buyer and providing a platform for you to connect?

So you take a $300 buyer fee from the buyer and you want a $300 fee from the dealer?

So you take a $300 buyer fee from the buyer and you want a $300 fee from the dealer?

So we take $300 from the buyers and its deducted from your price. So if your vehicle is $10,000 then the final price is $9700. So the buyer pays us, but the seller absorbs the costs.

This way the transaction is seamless. We dont have to invoice anyone and you dont have to worry about paying us.

So we take $300 from the buyers and its deducted from your price. So if your vehicle is $10,000 then the final price is $9700. So the buyer pays us, but the seller absorbs the costs.

This way the transaction is seamless. We dont have to invoice anyone and you dont have to worry about paying us.

So you basically want to do what Carwoo.com does but charge me for it?

Ed: thats right. Its a reverse auction style site. It does have a number of benefits for dealers:

1. Dealers know exactly what people want to buy on my site, so they get more qaulified leads.
2. One internet manager can manage multiple deals on my site, so it makes closing more efficient.
3. You can find buyers all over the nation, so you are not limited by geography.

So you only bid to what you are comfortable with. You dont have to bid down to no profit.

=====================

Patrick, it is like a broker service in a sense, but you interact directly with customers.

=====================

Joe, cmon, give me at least a dollar...haha. Your name is REALLY familiar. Have we spoke before?

=====================

I am thinking the connection fee will be $300. Let me know your thoughts on that please.

I'm thinking Joe would be generous if he brings his bid up to a dollar and Alex was right in his advice he gave you to find a different site to pitch this nonsense, it'll probably save you this virtual beating.

I'm thinking Joe would be generous if he brings his bid up to a dollar and Alex was right in his advice he gave you to find a different site to pitch this nonsense, it'll probably save you this virtual beating.

Haha, thats brutal Craig...I can't even get a dollar? :) But I do understand you concerns.

I am not really pitching the site to anyone, I just wanted to get feedback on a referral fee of $300.

If I sent you a customer that is ready to walk into your dealership and buy a car that has been negotiated on my site, would it be worth $300?

Haha, thats brutal Craig...I can't even get a dollar? :) But I do understand you concerns.

I am not really pitching the site to anyone, I just wanted to get feedback on a referral fee of $300.

If I sent you a customer that is ready to walk into your dealership and buy a car that has been negotiated on my site, would it be worth $300?

Oh, sorry....yeah now I'd like to pay you $300. per customer to go create a web presence optimized for the same words we as car dealers already compete for, so you can rich without the inventory/overhead/etc.. that a car dealer has.

I don't know what I was thinking $300. sounds cheap for you to advertise a service that's "free" like my friends at Carfox all while blogging and creating articles about how not to get taken by car dealers who in case anyone hasn't noticed have been working hard at developing great reputations for customer service while working on already compressed margins......yes sir $300 sounds like a great deal!
:goodbye:

Craig:

But thats exactly the point. As a dealer, you have to buy leads, pay to list your vehicles, and then hire an outbound call center to deal with those leads. Or you can pay Google to find leads, etc....

All of this marketing adds up. So offering you a risk-free way to find new customers is what we offer. You only pay a flat rate if the customer buys.

How is that not better?