• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How's April 2010 shaping up

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
I work at a Honda dealer. We've been steady most of the month and business is pretty strong. Internet sales continue to be very strong. Last April we had 63 internet sales, this year we'll hit 90 or more.

We thought business woud increase 15 to 25% from Toyota customers crossing over to Honda . This has not been the case. So business is good without Toyota customers moving over. That is kind of a good sign.

Will business be busy for the next 4 months ? I

How are things going for April ?

We also our having a good April. We did 44 cars last year and will finish with around 65-70 cars. Our gross is also up :) March was also a great month for us, we did 74 cars which was 29.1% of the stores overall business.

We typically do around 20%-22% of overall business but lately as we are getting better our sales are increasing as well.

Hope everyone else is having a great April as well.

Can't complain. Our web traffic has gone up significantly that we had to hire more people to make inbound and outbound calls! We're at 51 now, better than last month's 35. Since we only carry 70-80 used cars at a time it's a big jump from last year.

Also couldn't have done it without the help and knowledge of DR.

We are up quite a bit both on floor and our internet department as far as sales. Traffic is a touch down on our sites but what is interesting is that our page views are up, but the time on sites are down. :thinker:

Overall our closing ratio from leads to sales continues to move up. We have been hovering between 12-13% and my goal is to move than to the 16-18% by years end. Should be a good year!

I did 21 off of 140 e-mail leads...right around 15%. Our internet is measured off of e-mail leads only and not people who see the car online or internet as the "source". Since we don't have a BDC the phones go to the sales staff right now. Internet is just me! I was able to handle 13 of those from soup to nuts, I think we are about to add a 2nd internet person.