• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Huge drop off in CarGuru leads in November..

giphy.gif

:rofl: That's what I've been afraid of. But after my issues with them, It's not gonna happen any time soon.

Dude, you need to keep a better eye on DealerRefresh. ;-) There's a few threads around this over the last year or so.

Reactions: John.H
Noticed a significant drop (half) in leads in CG dashboard over the last 2 months. Strange part is, drop has occurred since I updated our inventory to their "best practices" for features/options, used the pricing tool to play their game.

Just did a search for two of my similar cars, by year, make, model, 10 mile radius of our zip code from the dashboard link to search.

Order of proximity in the 6 listings they displayed:

Strange that neither of my vehicles appeared in the search.

Test #2: Go to a different computer, different internet connection, use a private browser, go to the site directly & do a similar search. Was able to find my inventory, yet I set my search radius to 100 miles, only to find my inventory listed below dealers 1,000+ (even 2,000+) miles away.

We're paid subscribers, and of course, our rep was not available, so will see when/if they call back what the justification is. Something tells me they will be receiving a cancellation letter. What a racket.

• Useful
Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Received a call back from CG - they are stating their "delivery product" is causing dealers to see a reduction in lead, in addition to seasonality. But, for only $400 more a month, I can get listed above the dealers offering delivery.

Sounds like another AT/Cars system of milking every drop out they can.

Received a call back from CG - they are stating their "delivery product" is causing dealers to see a reduction in lead, in addition to seasonality. But, for only $400 more a month, I can get listed above the dealers offering delivery.

Sounds like another AT/Cars system of milking every drop out they can.

They're always playing games over there. I simply no longer trust them.

Last month was the worst month of the year in regards to CG leads for us
View attachment 4491

December is one of those months where it all happens before Christmas or it all happens after Christmas. We lost 6 days of shopping (including a weekend) due to Thanksgiving coming as late as possible this year. This is not your normal December.

Reactions: Marc Lavoie