• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Huge results with VL Automotive Marketing

Sep 20, 2014
First Name
Justin
A few months ago, my dealership hired MannyLuna with VL automotive Marketing. Our number have been growing everymonth since brining them on. When we signed up with VL Automotive, Manny setup a date to fly out to Virginia to launch our store He took the time toexplain everything that we would be doing, and how they would be doingit. So many other digital marketing company’s just sign you up and chargeyou a monthly fee and you are not really sure what you are paying for. Weare very happy with the results and sales keep going up every month becauseof it. Call Manny Luna 832-341-1806.

Care to share how you're measuring the improvement? Rather than an infomercial for VL, what numbers have grown for you? A few Google keyword searches for "Chevrolet Impala Newport News" and "Chevrolet Dealers Newport News" show that you are not owning the SERPS for those searches is why I am asking.

Reactions: 2 people
Agreed with Bill.

Less commercials, more facts.
I googled "Chevrolet Newport News" and it looks like Casey Chevrolet is still top and Hutchens falls below the location results.
When searching for numerous vehicles you have in stock, CarFax or VIN____, etc showed up before your own website for your own vehicle.

I don't believe you're owning your geographical region or your own inventory, but I'm curious to see where the results are​ coming from.

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry guys, I really did not try to publish this as a advertisement! I originally found VL Automotive on this forum so I just wanted to share with others the success that we have had with them. We are a small family owned dealership that a year ago when I arrived we were averaging around 30-35 cars a month. We also may be second or third on a search results page, but when I got here we were not even on the first or second search page at all! So to be on the first landing page right under a dealer that spends 20k a month on paid search is a huge success, considering the fact that I am currently not using any paid search at all, other than what the OEM requires. You also ask where I am getting my data from, well considering we were a 30 car store and now we average 50-60 cars a month and over 45% of that business comes from the internet is enough evidence for me. I also see the results in our google analytics reports. Our VDP's are up over 40% from a year ago. Again not trying to sell anything here, I just wanted to share our story.

... when I arrived we were averaging around 30-35 cars a month... and now we average 50-60 cars a month and over 45% of that business comes from the internet is enough evidence for me. I also see the results in our google analytics reports. Our VDP's are up over 40% from a year ago.

Justin, we're here to help each other improve our game. I'm happy that your happy with VL, but, I differ with your evidence and your conclusion tells us that VL's SEO work was "enough evidence for me."

--"When I arrived"... Did you arrive in 2008? ;-)
--Are you saying that your work had little to no influence over the doubling of sales?
--VDPs up from 40% a year ago, yet no mention of your NEW WEBSITE?
-----https://web.archive.org/web/20130215000000*/http://hutchenschevrolet.com
--Was there a change of management at this time?
--Was there a change of management at your competitor at this time?
--Did your static Inventory count change during this period?

IMO, this is an important observation for you:

SEO is one golf club in the bag. Your stores AWESOME results are a sum of the entire teams work (i.e. all the golf clubs). I believe your conclusion should be" "...VL is a trusted SEO partner that's gone above and beyond to help you achieve our goals and more".

HTH
Joe

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Joe,

100% agree with you but lets just give Manny a break too.

We need more collaborators here!

Yago,

I described an analytics analysis process that EVERYONE has to go thru. When you look at a statistic and arrive at a quick conclusion, be aware that there are a lot of other items that can swing numbers.

Every single question I asked was related, helpful and to the point.

Joe

Reactions: 1 person
Related Topic: Data does not equal Truth.

It is very healthy for business decision makers to distrust & question conclusions made from data. Conclusions are made by people (not by the data itself).

For example, we all hear about the power of Big Data, yet, many people treat Big Data like it's "a vending machine of truth". NOT. Big or small, Data model construction, analysis and conclusions are made by people. The bigger the data, the more complex is the analysis.

What we're seeing in this thread is an analysis of the conclusions made from Little Data.

HTH
Joe

Reactions: 2 people
Uncle Joe Rule #109: "the bigger the data, the more complex is the analysis".

Uncle Joe Rule #110: "the bigger the data, the more opportunities there are for people to twist the data into any conclusion they want.

Uncle Joe Rule #111: "Got a data analysis on your desk? Always start with "WHO created the report and WHAT are they trying to sell?"

Reactions: 3 people