• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Hypercasting - Has anyone used it?

Hey Karen... we ended up folding up like a cheap tent due to a high volume of complaints. Regardless of the shortened window we've added about 400 customers to our database and generated 40 leads asking about vehicles. I thought it was an outstanding success for a 3 week campaign. We did go heavy on print and radio which had elements pointing to the site so that was certainly a big part of it. I didn't get an accurate number on the calls the site generated but it was up there as well, we use pbsCallTrak.com and ALL our phone numbers were down for about 24 hours... what a mess!

Hey Karen... we ended up folding up like a cheap tent due to a high volume of complaints. Regardless of the shortened window we've added about 400 customers to our database and generated 40 leads asking about vehicles. I thought it was an outstanding success for a 3 week campaign. We did go heavy on print and radio which had elements pointing to the site so that was certainly a big part of it. I didn't get an accurate number on the calls the site generated but it was up there as well, we use pbsCallTrak.com and ALL our phone numbers were down for about 24 hours... what a mess!

Mitch,

I sounds like it was going the right direction for you. What were the complaints about?

Hey Guys, the complaints were all around the word "holy." The event didn't "blast off" by any means and we really upset a long time client who's wife "will never step foot in our store ever again" They're a fairly large commercial account and we have a much larger then average heavy duty truck shop so upper crust is always pretty sensitive to anything to do with fleets. The decision to stop was based on year over year results not increasing by extraordinary levels and the consensus that we could generate similar sales with a different event.

I was a strong proponent to continue the sale. The year over year numbers were up and we were adding tons of names to our database which if we handled right can have a hard number attached to it over time but short term has no real glaring ROI. I know a few people who would make intense arguments over the high value of a dealer's database which I tried to unload onto our team but fell short.

This isn't overly funny but I have to share that you're right Alex, it's a straight trip to the fire. Our friends at the local radio station didn't take much discretion in planning when to run our spots and we had negotiated free sundays...(can u see where I'm going with this) Our spot was well done and attention grabbing, it started out with "And on the 8th day trucks where created and they where trucking glorious..." in a really deep voice, clearly meant to be the voice of God.

Well.... the broadcast company has 3 radio stations that are all very distinct and one of them has a "Lutheran Hour." Our spot ran during this hour. What makes it worse was during the campaign planning stage we laughed about how funny it would be if it ran during the Lutheran Hour and how we need to make sure it doesn't. The silver lining is it put us in a great position to negotiate a free week of spots for what was clearly their mistake.

I would have thought you were down here in the bible belt and not in Canada. But bad timing on ads is bad timing always. We had a good one in the local newspaper last week. On the front page of the paper was a big article about the Toyota Recalls and on the next page was a half-page service advertisement from us on Camry service deals :lol: ....whoops. We just forgot to switch the regularly running ad to another brand.