• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I can't take it anymore

Marc Lavoie

Refresher
Jan 3, 2019
First Name
Marc
I just bought a brand new Apple TV remote.

I didn't have to trade-in my last one (lost it, that's why I needed one in the first place!) I didn't have to get a credit check I didn't have to choose options, colors and trims. It's a fairly simpler product, risk & trust commitment.

I get it, we all want easy, but cars are not the perfect product for it, yet.

Don't #Carvana me, the business runs as it is but it's not a one-click thing either.

Jumping that wave too soon will cost you if you don't take the first steps. It will shift rapidly soon, but we're not there yet.

Too much friction. Look at the EVs, the world is going to be much different in 10 years from now.

That being said, I can't wait to buy a car online, but it doesn't mean I'm part of the mass (right now).

car-dealers-copy-amazon.jpg

craigh

Super Moderator
May 19, 2011
First Name
Craig
I hate Apple TV Remotes so much.
Every day I have to use that thing I just want to snap it in half.

Marc Lavoie

Refresher
Jan 3, 2019
First Name
Marc
I hate Apple TV Remotes so much.
Every day I have to use that thing I just want to snap it in half.
I'm sure the Apple design team went a little like this:

"So, guys, thanks for attending the meeting. I was thinking we might be able to make losing a remote in someone's couch even easier."

Then a slippery, 1mm thick marvel was born.

craigh

Super Moderator
May 19, 2011
First Name
Craig
"You see how people really like the giant trackpad on the new Macbook? What if we put a tiny little trackpad on this remote ?"

Worst decision they ever made.

Reactions: Alex Snyder

Marc Lavoie

Refresher
Jan 3, 2019
First Name
Marc
"You see how people really like the giant trackpad on the new Macbook? What if we put a tiny little trackpad on this remote ?"

Worst decision they ever made.
Hahahahahaha

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
May 1, 2006
First Name
Alex
Half the time I can't figure out which end is up on those remotes. Fortunately, we use a Logitech hub at home and the remote that came with that works great with the Apple TV.

craigh

Super Moderator
May 19, 2011
First Name
Craig
Half the time I can't figure out which end is up on those remotes. Fortunately, we use a Logitech hub at home and the remote that came with that works great with the Apple TV.
I started using an xbox controller now that they're supported for Apple Arcade.
Since I already have too many of those, it makes a great Apple TV remote.

Reactions: Marc Lavoie