• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I hate Blackberrys!

I switched from the Blackberry to an iPhone and am sooooooooo glad I did! I have not tried to access GM One Source from my iPhone because I use Buzztrak as my CRM but I am able to use Buzztrak from the iPhone. I find I do 100% more on the iPhone than the Blackberry.

I switched from the Blackberry to an iPhone and am sooooooooo glad I did! I have not tried to access GM One Source from my iPhone because I use Buzztrak as my CRM but I am able to use Buzztrak from the iPhone. I find I do 100% more on the iPhone than the Blackberry.

I'm with you. I have used the Blackberry Curve and Palm Pre, but now I have a iPhone 3G S and it is the real deal.

A Blackberry is no longer a good phone, it is average at best. My recommendations on a phone would be an iPhone or one of the Google Android phones. T-Mobile's my touch or the upcoming Sprint Hero. The Android phones are awesome and I know several people with them. The Palm Pre also isn't bad but the battery life is bad.

I have to agree on the iPhone part. I've been carrying an iPod Touch around with my Blackberry Tour because I prefer to use the Touch for everything other than emails. I am a much better typist on the BB though. I tried the Storm and it just doesn't have the 65,000+ apps that makes the Apple line so great. For me, it is all about the apps. I still struggle with the touch screen typing, but the iPhone/iPod are incredible little machines.

I am getting to a point where I may be 80% Apple products soon. I'll keep my PC around for certain things that require it (DMS and big games), but I much prefer doing everything else on my Mac.

I have to agree on the iPhone part. I've been carrying an iPod Touch around with my Blackberry Tour because I prefer to use the Touch for everything other than emails. I am a much better typist on the BB though. I tried the Storm and it just doesn't have the 65,000+ apps that makes the Apple line so great. For me, it is all about the apps. I still struggle with the touch screen typing, but the iPhone/iPod are incredible little machines.

I am getting to a point where I may be 80% Apple products soon. I'll keep my PC around for certain things that require it (DMS and big games), but I much prefer doing everything else on my Mac.

Get a Mac and VMWARE Fusion or Parallels and you will be good to go with no PC. Or just dual boot to Vista/7.

Then you can use your iPhone to remotely control your Mac as well :)

Last edited:
I don't know...I have to agree with most of this article over on cnet.

Goodbye iPhone, hello (again) BlackBerry

There is NO way I could get done what I have to get done at my job on an iPhone.

If I did massive amounts of typing a day on my phone I could see the Blackberry being quicker to type on. But I find typing on the iPhone to be good overall.

Blackberry is also a little better at email viewing if you use a lot of folders or multiple email accounts. On the iPhone you have to look at each one individually. There is no combined "unread emails" view.

Besides those couple things... I think I've sipped the kool-aid and I'm an iPhone fan now.

Get a Mac and VMWARE Fusion and you will be good to go with no PC.

I do that, but I hate supporting programs that don't work natively on an Apple. And if you haven't noticed an Apple's keyboard is slightly different than a PC's - things don't work the same on the Virtual Machine. I'm very, very close, but not completely there yet.