• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I just bought a green screen and...

Pardon my super MS Paint skills, but for the best green screen setup, it's always good to light from behind the screen if the screen is capable of it (not too thick). then light the subject from the sides to cut down on shadows.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects for post prod and they seem to work well, although must other people I know use Final Cut and seem to get a bit better results.

Attachments

• green-screen.gif
    green-screen.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 17
Chip, thanks for the advice. We have final cut, after effects, and Premier pro. I never would have thought about the light behind the screen. I was told to put two lights at 45 degrees lighting the screen and then light your subject.

Would you suggest the light behind or in front to light the screen?

Pardon my super MS Paint skills, but for the best green screen setup, it's always good to light from behind the screen if the screen is capable of it (not too thick). then light the subject from the sides to cut down on shadows.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects for post prod and they seem to work well, although must other people I know use Final Cut and seem to get a bit better results.

Hey Ryan,
It just depends on the material of the screen and whether or not it will let light through. You don't have to light the screen from behind, it's just a trick so you end up having to use less lights and maintain a more consistent coloring across the screen.

Chip-