• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I need a new keyboard!

I'm actually getting away from Wireless stuff for my PC. The laptop is a different story - especially when I use the TV as its monitor. I'm tired of having to replace batteries or remember to stick it back in the recharging cradle. On top of that, if you're ever doing anything in the PC's BIOS some setups don't recognize the wireless keyboard.

I've also found that wired mouses are more accurate - probably because there is little lag. I do a lot of Photoshop and Illustrator work and have had much better experiences with wired mouses.

But, if it is any consolidation, here are the different keyboards and mice I use:

Wireless (at the office):
Just the keyboard
The Mouse - very useful for scrolling through long documents

With the laptop:
I carry a different mouse on the road, but the keyboard is great for sitting across the room with

On the home PC (where Photoshop work is more critical - photo editing)
Keyboard - the cheapo, but gets the job done just fine
The Mouse - this is by far and away the best mouse I've ever used...albeit ugly
Eventually, I will go to this same mouse and keyboard setup at the office too.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Alex, I have the MX™ Revolution for the house and the VX Nano for mobile, which I absolutely LOVE!!

I'll check out those keyboards..I have the wireless version of the Logitech Access 600 and enjoy the volume knob at the top which none of the others offer. Might have to give that feature up to get something a little more low profile.

I'm actually getting away from Wireless stuff for my PC. The laptop is a different story - especially when I use the TV as its monitor. I'm tired of having to replace batteries or remember to stick it back in the recharging cradle. On top of that, if you're ever doing anything in the PC's BIOS some setups don't recognize the wireless keyboard.

I've also found that wired mouses are more accurate - probably because there is little lag. I do a lot of Photoshop and Illustrator work and have had much better experiences with wired mouses.

But, if it is any consolidation, here are the different keyboards and mice I use:

Wireless (at the office):
Just the keyboard
The Mouse - very useful for scrolling through long documents

With the laptop:
I carry a different mouse on the road, but the keyboard is great for sitting across the room with

On the home PC (where Photoshop work is more critical - photo editing)
Keyboard - the cheapo, but gets the job done just fine
The Mouse - this is by far and away the best mouse I've ever used...albeit ugly
Eventually, I will go to this same mouse and keyboard setup at the office too.

LOL :lol: That IS an ugly mouse!

Finally made the move and so far not disappointed.

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000

* Reliable 2.4 GHz Wireless Technology
* Quiet-touch Keys
* Soft-Touch Palm Rest
* Spill-Resistant Design
* Media Center
* Hot Keys
* Taskbar Favorites

It's cheap, small, light, solid feel and looks good!!

MS_keyboard.jpg

mk_productfeatures_dmk3k.jpg