• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

If you were launching a new point (we are), who would you choose to do your SEO

Brad Burlingham

Skate Alert
May 28, 2009
Awards
First Name
Brad
We are launching a new, stand alone Genesis dealership later this month. We're using it as a bit of an experimental store (including a new DMS) and i'd like to try something new with SEO. I really havent had great experiences with any SEO companies. Any thoughts on SEO specific companies that you guys have seen results from?

We are launching a new, stand alone Genesis dealership later this month. We're using it as a bit of an experimental store (including a new DMS) and i'd like to try something new with SEO. I really havent had great experiences with any SEO companies. Any thoughts on SEO specific companies that you guys have seen results from?
Being a newer and lower volume brand, you'll automatically rank well for Genesis-related terms with virtually 0 SEO needed. Whereas with a Chevy point in a large metro, you'll need great SEO to outrank the 5 other Chevy stores.

For Genesis, I would focus on creating content geared around "best luxury SUV's", "best luxury cars", "audi q7 vs genesis gv80", etc. You'll need to conquest other luxury brands since Genesis doesn't have the built-in market share (yet).

Being a newer and lower volume brand, you'll automatically rank well for Genesis-related terms with virtually 0 SEO needed. Whereas with a Chevy point in a large metro, you'll need great SEO to outrank the 5 other Chevy stores.

For Genesis, I would focus on creating content geared around "best luxury SUV's", "best luxury cars", "audi q7 vs genesis gv80", etc. You'll need to conquest other luxury brands since Genesis doesn't have the built-in market share (yet).
thanks. good points. any vendors you like for this?

thanks. good points. any vendors you like for this?
Not to offer a completely different strategy, but as a newer brand, you need reach. Google is demand-driven and you'll have little demand.

If I was opening a new Genesis point, I'd put all of my money into Facebook/Instagram ads. You'll have a much larger audience and be able to use video/imagery to demonstrate how amazing Genesis vehicles are for the price.

My current winter ride is a Porsche Macan (Porsche 718 in the summer), but my next SUV will definitely be a Genesis GV70. You need to find more converts like me, Facebook and Instagram ads are the best way to do that :)

Hey Brad! Totally get it about SEO being so overpromised and underdelivered but it's definitely the best and least expensive way to gain long term traction without constantly opening up your checkbook! That being said - My passion is SEO - which is the 1st company I formed (SERVO365 - Search Engine Results, Voice Optimization) before expanding my services based on dealer requests. I am a boutique consulting firm - not a vendor - but rather your partner - , optimizing digital efforts, SEO, etc and ensuring that digital vendors do what they say they'll do - and fortunately I have the technical knowledge to hold their feet to the fire. Happy to provide references if you want to take a look at my services and chat to see if we are a mutual fit. We need to be on the same page to make a good partnership :)

Brad - 99% of the time, a Genesis store doesn't need SEO - but as a new point, you're going to need some solid Local SEO to prove to Google that you're a new and valid real world entity. Without good Local SEO, you're not going to show up well for anything other than the dealership name for quite a while - sometimes even 6-12 months. Happy to hop on a call and just explain how the algorithm works and which signals are important to optimize so you can get your store to show up sooner. Also happy to help explain what you need to look for in an SEO partner...

Reactions: TJ.Kelly
Hey Brad, you're going to be the only game in town within a non-hair-pulling-out distance from West LA. La Quinta is grabbing #2 on the term "genesis dealer los angeles" simply for the "la", so I think it'll be straightforward to get ranked on the relevant terms once established.

To start off, I'd also focus on local SEO and make sure the website is optimized. We offer both if you wanted to chat further.

Reactions: playersclubwheels