• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Indoor Photo Areas

Nice job Brian...looks top notch.

Joe offered up some great items; here's my 2 cents about the surrounding design as well...

The photo areas for both sites are so clean and uncluttered -yet they're so small. Why not make them bigger & more of the page focus? A lot went into that photo booth -show it off!

Also, sticking with a consistent font style throughout the page will help reduce the "busy factor" - counted nearly a dozen different font styles.

Nice job Brian...looks top notch.

Joe offered up some great items; here's my 2 cents about the surrounding design as well...

The photo areas for both sites are so clean and uncluttered -yet they're so small. Why not make them bigger & more of the page focus? A lot went into that photo booth -show it off!

Also, sticking with a consistent font style throughout the page will help reduce the "busy factor" - counted nearly a dozen different font styles.

Thanks for the input and thanks for bringing up the font issue. I have been trying to see what looks the best when exported over to atc and cars.com. Seems like it always looks a little different after exporting...any suggestions? On the photo room we have been trying to focus on the car and bring out great pictorial information- we want the car to be the star. Thanks for the great input!

Brian,

Arial is fine, stick with sans-serif though. Its easier to read quickly.

One standard size for primary page copy & header size (h1 or h2) for titles & section headers. Make it bold if its important or just a little bigger. IE: the phone # in the picture is too small...

Simple solution - swap the vehicle image on the left & place it where the vehicle description is on the right...re-size accordingly.

I'd also consider moving the black-book appraisal button under the image - it eats header space pushing content lower.

Don't move the button if its working for you; but there are alternatives to use the top white-space effectively.

I know this thread has been dead for quite some time, but i wanted some input. I used to work for a Large franchise dealer, who had no desire in building a booth, and all shots were done outside rain shine or snow. i moved to a smaller independant used car dealership, and my owner is 100% on board with the idea of building a booth, and feels that the photos are just as important as the money he spends to advertise them. anyway, before i started, he took the liberty of hanging some lights himself, and that's as far as it got. i feel we need a few things. Floor Painted, Curtain or wall, Possibly re-arrange the lighting fixtures or some way to diffuse the light, block the window where the natural light comes in up top against the back wall, and i am still trying to find a good way to get interior shots to come out perfect every time. I try not to use the flash as much as possible, but sometimes it's nessisary and either comes out great or horrible.

Oh BTW, i've been an internet manager who takes the photos for the past 2 years for dealerships, and i ran a company that took vehicle photos exclusively for ebay for 7 years(before dealers realized that an in house internet department was essencial) So basically i have about 8 years in vehicle photography experience, and i plan on staying with this dealer for the long haul, and want our photo booth to be the best it can be.

any critisim is welcome... check out the following vehicle

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited canfield, Ohio | Haus Auto Group

and in case we sell it soon and it's no longer available our web address is www.hausautogroup.com

ANY and ALL criticism is welcome!

I just started working for an independant used car dealer. i worked for a franchise as their internet manager/photographer for a year and a half, and before that i ran a company that took photos for dealers and managed their ebay pages for about 6 years, so i feel like my angles and method of taking the photos is pretty solid (that's up to debate i guess haha) Anyway, my new boss started the process of the booth before i started there (hung some lights) and we are in process of starting the rest of it. I wanted to get some input on what anyone thinks about the area, and how the photos are coming out now. i feel like we need:

at least one curtain or wall between the booth and the rest of the service dept.
additional lighting or some diffusion method
paint/seal/appoxy/tile the floor (this is our biggest delima right now)
get rid of the block glass windows on the one wall to elimate natural light
Our Logo/website/phone number displayed on the walls somehow.

here is a car i did in the area as it sits now.
2006 Jeep Liberty Limited canfield, Ohio | Haus Auto Group
and our website is
www.hausautogroup.com (just in case that car sells and the link dies)

ANY and ALL critism/suggestions are welcome!!