• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Introducing the NEW (refreshed) DealerRefresh Dealer Forums

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
If you are reading this then you know some changes happened last night here on the DealerRefresh forums.

We took on the task of upgrading to Vb4.0 while making a few other changes.

As you can see, we wanted to give the forums more look and feel of the blog. With that came a fixed size vs the size to browser. I personally like this better - brings more uniform to the forum. What do you think??

We have done our best to retain as many features from the previous version BUT I'm sure we're missing a few things here and there (not all features were compatible).

* We were are to keep the Top stats on the homepage.
* Be sure to check out you new "My Profile" - more options for you!
* Commenting and starting a new thread is now more clear

PLEASE - as you find little things that might be missing or have moved to another location, use this thread to let us know!

I know it's "change" and it takes some time to get used to change but I think/hope that the change was not that significant and will time, we will see this progress into a more powerful platform and overall experience for all of us.

Please make any suggestions you find fit.

Find a bug - let us kow
Have a suggestion - let us know
Missing something - let us know

Overall - we hope you like the new design and upgrade!

Reactions: 2 people
Overall I am digging it. A personal pet peeve - i have Automotive Internet Sales, Marketing and Training Tools :: DealerRefresh as my favorite as I always like to read the blogs on the main page. I then click the forums and pops up a new window. Would be nice to keep it in the same window. Small I know - but just sharing :)

Also - smaller text for the thread titles? Some of them get cut off due to the larger font...

my two pennies

Overall, I like it. I'm not wild about fixed-width sites since I'm often on widescreen monitors, though I know that's also sometimes inevitable. (Heck, our dealership's website is fixed-width.) But I'll suck it up.

Keep up the good work!

I think I like the fluid layout, like before. This feels a bit confined.

I was actually going to ask if you wanted to buy my 4.0 license ... for cheap. But I'm glad you upgraded. I'm really happy with XenForo over VB, it's so much faster and easier to administrate.