• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Inventory Export Feed - vAuto or VIN?

tomfohr

CSI Bandit
Dec 15, 2011
First Name
Tom
I am a current vAuto user and right now they are handling all of our inventory export feeds and beginning next month we are launching VinSolutions for our CRM and Website. We have no intentions of canceling vAuto but I am just curious which would be better to use to handle our inventory export feed? Either way we would likely continue to price our used cars in vAuto. Which one has a better comments builder? And advantage to using one over the other?

To answer your original question - stay with vAuto as your export tool.

For one, change is not always easy when it comes to vendors and getting your feeds right when a change is made. Why would you want the headache?

Second, while I know they are both technically under the ATC umbrella, vAuto from my experience has a more robust/solid backend for exporting inventory to 3rd party sites, publishers, etc. And you being a large big box dealer (I see close to 200 vehicles in your inventory) - that should be your main concern.

To answer your original question - stay with vAuto as your export tool.

For one, change is not always easy when it comes to vendors and getting your feeds right when a change is made. Why would you want the headache?

Second, while I know they are both technically under the ATC umbrella, vAuto from my experience has a more robust/solid backend for exporting inventory to 3rd party sites, publishers, etc. And you being a large big box dealer (I see close to 200 vehicles in your inventory) - that should be your main concern.

Thanks! I am thinking the same thing. It seems the more I look at it the more it makes sense to keep vAuto as our export.

IMO, vAuto just REALLY lacks on functionality for new vehicle inventory.

Thanks! I am thinking the same thing. It seems the more I look at it the more it makes sense to keep vAuto as our export.

IMO, vAuto just REALLY lacks on functionality for new vehicle inventory.

vAuto wasn't born as an inventory management tool. Its revenue structure is not attached to that.

There are companies like Dealer specialties and others less known like for example AutoBase, Inc. doing data collection since 1995 (yeah, when you had a walkman) with a different kind of knowledge and experience.

Reactions: 1 person
Check how often they export, Vauto pushes three times daily.... More if you want. Based on my experience with Vin your looking at once a day I believe either at 4 or 8.... I can double check or maybe someone can chime in.

Has anyone used Max for descriptions? I am not a fan of auto descriptions and I know some people will tell me to write our own, but we have 15 stores and if I'm beating my head into the wall with bad descriptions!!

Since ATC owns both companies, as well as Homenet and CDM, which company will be selected as "THE" inventory export (or inventory management for that matter) platform? I think it's only a matter of time before there is consolidation. It seems that Homenet is putting a lot into their new IOL system, as well as integrating it with the ATC inventory.

Thoughts?