• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Inventory Management tool to replace V-auto

I have access to a light version of Homenet that one of my vendors use. I mostly get in there when I need to make a instant change or see mapped pricing fields that may need an adjustment. I have never really understood the Homenet/Vauto relationship since the Cox purchase. Homenet takes the info from DMS and then feeds to vauto? Ill check it out @Rick Buffkin thanks for the info.
@Alex Snyder I will take you up on that in the near future.

Reactions: Alex Snyder
Picking up this thread to get some latest thoughts, taking a dealer group through evaluation process for inventory merchandising/management decision. I've been out of this business for nearly 4 years, so want to help them evaluate the best solutions. Their primary goal is to evaluate merchandising solutions first, then evaluate whether any of these solutions can compete with vAuto on the inventory decision side. Homenet is a logical choice, Dealer Specialties put out a new system a few years ago also we'll look at, but who else are top players people are using in the self-service photograph, VIN decode, syndicate business? As I said, inventory decision tools may be a separate decision, or perhaps someone has something strong out there that excels in both. Thank you for your help!

FirstLook's MaxDigital has an auto-writer function, that dealers can provide input, pulls key features, etc, to make individualized descriptions. Also works as an aggregator/distributor for photos. Can work with both new and used.

It's like vAuto+Homenet, with a twist.

What exactly are you looking for?
If you are looking for true Inventory Management then there are not many choices other than Valuinsight.
vAuto does not even answer one of the three questions Inventory Management is supposed to answer.
If you want to learn more about Inventory Management, with references, feel free to read an article I co-wrote at https://www.valuinsight.com/what-inventory-management-really-is/