• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

iPhone 4 - who got one?

I'm holding out a little longer before making the move. The reception issues have me a little worried. I'm a lefty and reports are showing a drop in calls/reception when lefties are holding the phone a certain way that covers the antenna.

Have to admit the android phone are looking appealing as well. I like the active home screens. Well see, I'll make a move here in the next few weeks I'm sure.

I'm holding out a little longer before making the move. The reception issues have me a little worried. I'm a lefty and reports are showing a drop in calls/reception when lefties are holding the phone a certain way that covers the antenna.

There are quite a few around the office and we have been able to easily replicate the reception issues numerous time. Facetime is badass, the image quality from the camera & video camera is great, but I'm going to hold off for a little while myself. I'm thinking a case is going to solve the reception issues. I'll wait to see what all my coworkers come up with.

We have been running iOS 4 (at the time it was called iPhone OS 4) for the past few months and love the new features. The folders are great. On the new hardware I have mine on order and a few others at the office are getting theirs upgraded too. Can't wait.

Next iPhone release I'm sending my order to Matt, he seems to get them on day one...lucky...

I pre-ordered and picked mine up on launch day. The phone itself is beautiful, a lot more weight to it, it "feels" quality but is likely just the bigger battery. Facetime is cool but I wont use it much since you have to be connected to wi-fi and I typically am not. Tethering only allowed if you bump down from unlimited to 2G data plan which as I mentioned I dont use wi-fi often with it so that isnt an option for me. Screen and camera quality are amazing.

Ive had issues with the sim card. I keep getting intermittent Sim Car not installed errors. Research says fixes range from, reboot, toggle airplane mode on and off, toggle airplane mode while also toggling wi-fi on/off, plugging it into a charger, to removing and reinserting the sim card. I have had this issue come up 4 times today alone.

I also have noticed that although the screens supposed to be pretty tough, it has actually already scratched VERY easily.

Part of me wishes I went from 3G to 3GS and avoided the initial batch of the 4. But it is what it is and over all its a great phone, better once the bugs are exterminated.

-Lou

Well, my excitement for the I Phone 4 is no longer.... I pre-ordered on the 15th and then picked it up on Friday, the 25th to avoid lines. When I took my new phone home, I was beyond excited learning the new features. I actually forgot about my precious Blackberry for a few hours until.... That's right, my new I Phone 4 just simply stopped working. So I assumed I didn't charge it long enough. After a full nights charge I attempted to power it up in the morning to nothing but a black screen full of finger prints.

To make a long story short, I have spent the last 3 days being treated horrible by the people at AT&T and I still don't have a working I phone 4. I am using a pay as you go phone at no charge until they get more phones in stock. (II was only offered the temp phone after I asked them to cancel my service to return to Sprint.) I spent 3+ hours on Saturday going back and forth between the AT&T store and the Apple store. Only to be told there was nothing anyone could do because my phone was defective. This was after I received conflicting policies from each employee I spoke with. I have been promised that I will get a phone today. So lets see if that actually happens. The story actually is much more ridiculous that this, but I am trying to keep it short! HA

I still want the phone, I just wish this whole process didn't suck the fun out of the experience.

I am sure each and every one of us have been in a business situation where we have dealt with unhappy customers who have purchased a defective product. It happens and there is nothing we can do to change it. But what we can do is think about what our customer is dealing with and provide solutions and communicate appropriately. My frustration with this situation really has very little to do with the defective phone it has to do with the manor in which I was treated by the staff. I really needed a smart phone of some sorts as I had to leave on business Sunday afternoon for a Monday meeting. I needed to be connected to my office, clients and staff. Obviously these people didn't know that, but they didn't consider for a moment that maybe there were reasons for my concern beyond just making their life difficult.

Do any of you have policies at your dealership or business that address client dissatisfaction due to defective inventory? Are your staffs trained to ensure a consistent message is communicated? How often do you refresh your training?