• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is anyone using Autoalert CXM?

Oct 16, 2023
Awards
First Name
Jared
Hi everyone,

Our auto group will be moving away from Vinsolutions, and I am looking for a replacement CRM. I had a demo with the Auto Alert CXM last year and was impressed but skeptical at the same time. I hope some of you might have real-world experience with Auto Alert and can provide some input.

I am also open to suggestions if anyone is using a CRM that they are happy with.

Cheers!

I have heard Auto Alert is owned mainly by BlackRock because of some outstanding debt issues. BlackRock is the wonderful organization that wants to bring social justice scoring (ESG) down upon us. I can't get behind that shit:chainsaw:

AutoAlert "acquired" by BlackRock: PR & News - AutoAlert acquired by BlackRock

If you're looking for a company that isn't trying to change your life in their image, I suggest DriveCentric. That is the most innovative CRM in the market today. It is rather pricey. eLead would be my second choice if you're leaving VinSolutions. Tekion is getting better every day, but that makes more sense when you're looking to replace your DMS too.

I have heard Auto Alert is owned mainly by BlackRock because of some outstanding debt issues. BlackRock is the wonderful organization that wants to bring social justice scoring (ESG) down upon us. I can't get behind that shit:chainsaw:

AutoAlert "acquired" by BlackRock: PR & News - AutoAlert acquired by BlackRock

If you're looking for a company that isn't trying to change your life in their image, I suggest DriveCentric. That is the most innovative CRM in the market today. It is rather pricey. eLead would be my second choice if you're leaving VinSolutions. Tekion is getting better every day, but that makes more sense when you're looking to replace your DMS too.

Jared, I don't believe that AutoAlert has a full-blown CRM. Desking, for example--I don't remember their software having that capability. That said, I haven't had a look at their software in a few years; maybe they've developed since then.

A demo never hurts.

I appreciate the info and recommendations. I demo'd AutoAlert yesterday and it seemed that they do have desking now, but we desk in PBS anyways so it's not a deal breaker either way. I am going to demo DriveCentric next week as it looks quite appealing so thanks @Alex Snyder I have also been told to look at CDK.

I've used a ton of CRMs and worked for one.

Why are you leaving VIN? Features, service, price?
Who is your DMS?

DriveCentric is probably the most modern (I haven't used it) but it has a hefty price tag if you opt in for their AI "packages".
I have heard a lot of good, and a lot of bad about tekion. A dealer near me cancelled their install.
Elead is solid, but depending on why you are cancelling VIN, Elead might not be a good fit.

In general, the best CRM is going to be one that is set up to fit your needs and is actually used by the sales department.

AutoAlert CXM is a good CRM, but expensive. Other options include DealerSocket CRM, CDK Global CRM, Reynolds CRM, CRM Automotive, eDealer CRM, and Webxloo CRM. We use Webxloo CRM and are happy with it. It's easy to use, works on mobile, and integrates with other tools. I recommend doing your research to find the best CRM for your dealership.

Hi everyone,

Our auto group will be moving away from Vinsolutions, and I am looking for a replacement CRM. I had a demo with the Auto Alert CXM last year and was impressed but skeptical at the same time. I hope some of you might have real-world experience with Auto Alert and can provide some input.

I am also open to suggestions if anyone is using a CRM that they are happy with.

Cheers!

We left VinSolutions in January of this year after using it for over 10 years, switched to eLead CRM and are already back with VinSolutions. I do not recommend eLead. Their account performance management was nonexistent, support took a long time to resolve any tickets submitted to them, and the CRM itself lacked a lot of reporting we had in VinSolutions. I don't have any experience with Auto Alert CXM so unfortunately I can't provide insight there.

It's hard to suggest anything because it all depends on each dealer's style, but here's a checklist you can use. I made this for a client of mine who was going crazy listening to boring demos that didn't apply to their reality.

Pro tip, send this to your potential CRM vendor ahead of time so they can answer a few questions before your demo, it will save you a LOT of time and you'll be more equipped to make a better decision.

### Organizational Needs Assessment
- [ ] Identify the size of the dealership and the volume of customers.
- [ ] Assess the current sales process and customer interaction workflow.
- [ ] Determine the level of integration needed with existing systems (e.g., inventory management, finance software).
- [ ] List specific features needed (e.g., lead tracking, appointment scheduling, follow-ups).
- [ ] Establish a budget for CRM acquisition and operation.

### CRM Features and Capabilities
- [ ] Contact management that can organize customer data effectively.
- [ ] Lead management to track and nurture potential buyers.
- [ ] Sales automation for streamlining the sales process.
- [ ] Marketing automation for campaigns and follow-ups.
- [ ] Customer service module for after-sales support and service scheduling.
- [ ] Reporting and analytics for sales forecasts and performance tracking.
- [ ] Mobile access for salespeople on the showroom floor or offsite.
- [ ] Integration capabilities with DMS (Dealer Management Systems).
- [ ] Communication channels integration (email, SMS, calls, chat).
- [ ] Inventory integration to show real-time vehicle stock.

### Vendor Evaluation
- [ ] Research and list potential CRM vendors with automotive industry experience.
- [ ] Check vendor references and read case studies or testimonials.
- [ ] Evaluate the scalability of the CRM - can it grow with your dealership?
- [ ] Ensure GDPR compliance and other relevant data protection regulations.
- [ ] Investigate the vendor’s reputation for customer support and service.

### Demonstration and Testing
- [ ] Schedule demos with the top CRM vendors.
- [ ] Prepare a set of scenarios or use cases to test during the demo.
- [ ] Involve key staff from sales, marketing, and service departments in the demo.
- [ ] Assess the user interface for ease of use and learning curve.
- [ ] Request a trial period to test the CRM in a live environment.

### Cost Analysis
- [ ] Compare the upfront and ongoing costs of each CRM option.
- [ ] Understand the pricing structure (e.g., per user, per month, tiered features).
- [ ] Identify any additional costs (customization, integration, training).
- [ ] Evaluate the ROI potential based on improved efficiency and sales forecasts.

### Technical Considerations
- [ ] Verify the CRM’s system requirements and compatibility with your existing hardware.
- [ ] Check for necessary software updates and the frequency of feature releases.
- [ ] Ensure the availability of technical support during your dealership's operating hours.
- [ ] Review the data backup and recovery procedures.
- [ ] Confirm the ease of data exportation in case of a future system change.

### Security and Compliance
- [ ] Ensure the CRM complies with industry standards for data security.
- [ ] Confirm encryption measures for data transmission and storage.
- [ ] Review the vendor’s policies on data ownership and access.
- [ ] Verify compliance with local and international data protection laws.

### Implementation and Training
- [ ] Inquire about the implementation timeline and process.
- [ ] Understand the training resources and formats provided (online, in-person, documentation).
- [ ] Plan for an overlap period with the current system to ensure a smooth transition.
- [ ] Check the availability of ongoing training for new hires or feature updates.

### Post-Implementation Support
- [ ] Determine the level of customer service (24/7, business hours, etc.).
- [ ] Check if there are dedicated account managers.
- [ ] Establish the process for handling bugs or technical issues.
- [ ] Learn about the community or user groups for additional support and best practices.

### Contract and SLA Review
- [ ] Review the contract terms carefully before signing.
- [ ] Check the service level agreement (SLA) for uptime guarantees and outage compensation.
- [ ] Understand the terms for contract renewal, cancellation, and any lock-in clauses.

Feel free to adapt it for yourself.

• :light:
Reactions: craigh