• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is anyone using Team Velocity for their Marketing?

Alex Magnan

Just Get'm In
Jul 2, 2012
Awards
First Name
Alex
Hey everyone,

We just finished up a presentation with Team Velocity and was hoping to hear some feedback from anyone who has had any experience with them. We are a small store that does 90-120 units consistently, and it seems like they are built to handle bigger dealer groups/bigger markets. I could be wrong, but any feedback would be much appreciated!

What are you looking for specifically? What services?

I've personally never worked with them, but if they follow through with what they promote on their website it will have an impact. One of the things you would hear me rant about is the disconnect between your digital presence and your physical presence. Consistent messaging can be a huge driver of trust and success. They obviously get that.

As for bigger markets, I don't think that's the case. The strategy would work anywhere because it focuses on the digital side of things. The only difference is that your payoff might be smaller because of fewer buyers.

My recommendation would be to ask them for references with similar demographics. Find out what services they utilize, and which ones were underwhelming. You will also want to do your best to research best practices on all of their services. Do searches for things like case studies, and success stories.

Reactions: 1 person
We did it in 2 of our markets (St. Joseph, MO and Lincoln, NE) and both were an absolute waste of money, time, and effort. Both markets are slightly bigger than yours and we didn't see a ROI (lost $). I actually got into an argument with during our monthly with our account rep due to them counting 3 employees and my dad in their ROI reports. He believed the marketing led these 4 to purchase from us, not the fact it was my own dad, and 3 employees.

Reactions: 2 people
We did it in 2 of our markets (St. Joseph, MO and Lincoln, NE) and both were an absolute waste of money, time, and effort. Both markets are slightly bigger than yours and we didn't see a ROI (lost $). I actually got into an argument with during our monthly with our account rep due to them counting 3 employees and my dad in their ROI reports. He believed the marketing led these 4 to purchase from us, not the fact it was my own dad, and 3 employees.

Chad,

Our market and demographic is very unique because of our location. If you have a chance to look us up you'll know what I mean. We were with Auto Alert over a year ago and what we found was the first few months had a lot of low hanging fruit. So initially it gave us a lot of success with pulling people out of leases, direct mail, campaigning, etc. I see sort of the same scenario here. Which is a concern, especially 6,12,18 months down the road.

Many years ago, I remember seeing their Paid Search stuff perform really well through a hacked attribution system (don't ask = ugly). We outsourced some overflow to them and thought, "WTF, we should give them more, these are converting really well."

https://teamvelocitymarketing.com/apollo/

I'm loving the following (not that others don't offer similar services, but still...):

perfect market®
The Next Level of Market Research
Step 1: Find Your Most Profitable Areas
Say goodbye to mass-market saturation and hello to a hyper-targeted approach. Apollo defines your Perfect Market showing where you have the highest probability of a sales or service transaction at the lowest cost. Each zip code in your market is automatically ranked and scored based on factors such as the number of active customers, market share, distance from your dealership, and cost per sale.

true ROI attribution
Real-Time Performance Reporting
Step 7: Find the True Value of Your Marketing
Apollo tracks and reports every customer action in real time. From daily campaign reporting to monthly performance and ROI Attribution reporting, Apollo gives you visibility of your business every step of the way.

Many years ago, I remember seeing their Paid Search stuff perform really well through a hacked attribution system (don't ask = ugly). We outsourced some overflow to them and thought, "WTF, we should give them more, these are converting really well."

https://teamvelocitymarketing.com/apollo/

I'm loving the following (not that others don't offer similar services, but still...):

perfect market®
The Next Level of Market Research
Step 1: Find Your Most Profitable Areas
Say goodbye to mass-market saturation and hello to a hyper-targeted approach. Apollo defines your Perfect Market showing where you have the highest probability of a sales or service transaction at the lowest cost. Each zip code in your market is automatically ranked and scored based on factors such as the number of active customers, market share, distance from your dealership, and cost per sale.

true ROI attribution
Real-Time Performance Reporting
Step 7: Find the True Value of Your Marketing
Apollo tracks and reports every customer action in real time. From daily campaign reporting to monthly performance and ROI Attribution reporting, Apollo gives you visibility of your business every step of the way.

@Alexander Lau Love how you dig into the archives!!

"Meet Apollo®, the most advanced technology platform in the automotive industry. With Apollo, both dealerships and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) eliminate the risks of traditional marketing techniques by utilizing sophisticated artificial intelligence (AI) and marketing automation technology to produce results and lifetime revenue."

Interesting. Everyone in the industry LOVES to use "AI" as a selling point.

Reactions: Alexander Lau