• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is DealerRater breaking Schema rules for leverage against dealers?

@oldershawj02 when did Cars.com Reviews start adding DealerRater Reviews into their ratings?

Reviews are of extreme importance to us, as they should be to all dealers, and managing all locations and all departments is literally one of the most challenging tasks within our auto group. In full disclosure, my feelings toward Dealer Rater are a little sour as I felt (my opinion) it was a product created to leverage dealers' growing awareness, urgency, and lack of vendor discernment at the time in the industry when everyone was preaching this hard (kinda like digital retailing is in recent years). I think Dealer Rater would have been better structured if it had started out like a Podium product; aligning with dealers to aggregate and manage reviews as an unnamed non-customer facing tool. Fast forward to the sale to Cars.com. Cars should have taken the DealerRater product and rebranded it as a Cars.com customer-facing feature along with bundling some aspects within Cars.com classified packages. Why would Cars.com dilute its brand with a 3rd party that shoppers have no recall on? We honestly would be more aligned with a robust Review product from Cars.com than we are paying for Cars.com AND DealerRater.

I realize this review just fell off the rating but answer this question:

Why the difference in Star Rating? Posted on DealerRater, shared to Cars.com, but lowered the Star count on Cars.com... Issues like this don't help dealers. And why is "Quality of Work/Repair" even an option on a Sales review?

View attachment 5039
View attachment 5040

Oh, and I agree that the 24 month thing should be disclosed along with "Lifetime Rating" as a second line and calculation OR add in the Google Rating on your site...

Great point @Dan Sayer around consistency, not only DealerRater, Cars.com but also Auto.com (a Cars.com website). Usually Auto.com and Cars.com match, but not always. Most dealers don’t realize, Cars.com operating 3 review sites/citations appearing on GMB and page 1 SERP. This conversation should not be hostile, dealers need transparency on who controls reporting of their online reputation, especially on page 1.

Attachments

• C32375AB-CC58-46BA-867C-ACE142AAA041.png
    C32375AB-CC58-46BA-867C-ACE142AAA041.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9