• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is it time to boot KCAR?

You guys are tormenting kcar now... I'm sure he has contributed somewhere if not with answers at least with questions that makes people re-evaluate their convictions and look for new answers.

Just because he discovered last week that you can order a double espresso at Star Bucks and he got over exited doesn't mean we have to put wood under his feet yet.

Administrative moderation is a sword of two edges when done in public: It may discourage others from posting their ideas or opinions of they think they may also be ousted.

Thread carefully, one you kill one and set a precedent it becomes easier to kill others.

Reactions: 1 person
Overposting isn't an issue, to Jerry's point it is easy for a reader to skim through a short post and decide for themselves whether it was posted to get a tally mark or bring something to the conversation. Anonymous posting on the other hand is a problem...

Since nearly your first post the regulars here have been asking you to take off the invisibility cloak kcar. I'm glad you are participating, I don't want to discourage anybody from doing that, but I really wish you were a FULL participant instead of trying to be the man behind the green curtain. YOU would get much more out of your participation here if others were able to know WHY you are posting what you post, right now we're forced to assume you are a vendor with an agenda you'd rather keep hidden...

You're the forum version of the kid at the pool that's dabbling a toe in but splashing the others in the face. Come on in, brother, the water is fine! ;)

Ryan

Reactions: 6 people
YOU would get much more out of your participation here if others were able to know WHY you are posting what you post, right now we're forced to assume you are a vendor with an agenda you'd rather keep hidden...

I haven't been here an incredibly long time, but since the beginning of the year I think KCar has told us that he works for a Cincinnati autogroup and he's in love with SEO. It may have taken him 300+ posts to tell us that, but I think it's safe to say that he doesn't have a "secret agenda".

I put a lot of value in what certain vendors as well as certain dealership reps say in these forums. When Jerry, Uncle Joe or Doug post, I never think to myself "oh they're just vendors..." To the same point, there are several people with dealership tags that I skip right over. My point here is that, like Jerry said, content is king. If Kcar wants to rant and be visceral he'll lose his credibility without anyone else's help. Censorship is ugly.

Reactions: 4 people
Mike, being named with two people, that I also admire, is a very nice complement. I seriously miss Joe, Alex and John not being on here very often.

I miss these exchanges too. Honestly I'm reading more than writing here lately. Funny thing is, I'm in a lot of dealerships these days which has been an incredible education.

As far as kcar: there's a yin for every yang; protagonists need antagonists. Pick a label for yourself, label others as you like. It's all part of the conversation, right?

Reactions: 2 people